Willtl

Hello from potential new owner

Hello! My (almost) life long dream of owning a TVR recently ended in disaster (traded in my BMW 325i coupe towards it, ended up not being able to live with the TVR and have had to sell it as a result :( ).

At first wasn't going to get another car but then thought I should. Initially thinking about a 2nd hand M3 or 335 diesel, but after the exclusivity of the TVR wanted something that was a bit more unique so thought about the GT86 and BRZ. Initially was looking at a 2nd hand one, but on checking the Subaru website discovered that a new model wasn't that much more so have a test drive lined up for tomorrow.

Hope to contribute decent posts/spam to the forum (depending on how tomorrow goes).....

Well I just picked a GT86 over the 135i coupe I'd been hankering afterfor a while having run a 120d coupe as a company motor. Like you I bought new as seemed no point in doing otherwise. I have no regrets. In a straight line it can't match the BMWs and wouldn't see which way a TVR went, but it is so much more fun at sensible road speeds.

Top tip for the test drive - Rev it, otherwise nothing happens! Coming from a bunch of diesels and turbocharged petrols it was hard to break the habit of surfing the torque... And this car doesn't really have any.

Hope you like it.

Congrats and welcome to the club. What was wrong with the TVR? They're one of those cars that I'd like to own at some point in my life. What spec you getting and any plans for the car at all? Mods, trackdays, shows etc?

There was nothing wrong with the TVR, I was just incompatible. :(

Something in the car was operating at a frequency that was causing ringing in my ears a few hours after using it. Only seemed to affect me and changing the exhaust didn't resovle the problem so I've had to sell (and this is funding the BRZ if I get one). No immediate plans for mods and track days.....

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about your TVR experience :( out of curiosity as a potential new owner, what made you decide BRZ over the GT86?

Welcome to the club, shame about the TVR, what was the issue? BRZ is certainly more exclusive so if that's what you're after it's a good move. Fair amount of aftermarket bits available for it also if that's what you're in to. 

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about your TVR experience :( out of curiosity as a potential new owner, what made you decide BRZ over the GT86?

Purely down to the BRZ being a little more rare.

Welcome to the forum. I've not had a TVR but know many who do. What was the issue with the TVR? 

Started with a pain in the back of my head and then changed to ringing/blocked/pain in my ears the evening/night after each use. I had some 2nd thoughts last night though that maybe these problems (at least the head and ear pain) may be related to another source....

13 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

That is a very nice colour... emoji41.png

This picture really doesn't do the colour justice. I'll have to take a photo of it on a clear day. I'd never seen this colour "in the flesh" so when I arrived at the dealership and saw it in their workshop I was like :wub:

Then when I got some petrol in the evening and saw the car all lit up from the garage lights I felt totally badass.

On 02/12/2015, 21:14:06, Willtl said:

Then when I got some petrol in the evening and saw the car all lit up from the garage lights I felt totally badass.

I absolutely love it when I've given it a good clean and then go to get petrol when it's dark. At this time of year that can be straight after I've finished the wash, looks incredible :wub: