GT86-Ian

Subaru BRZ tS

They are nice seats. I wonder which Bilstein damper they are using. B6 is my guess.

The STIs are nice looking, but I bet they are using a more aggressive brake pad compound at the back. Either that or they have made the front caliper pistons smaller (or the rear caliper pistons bigger) but likely they are just using off the shelf STI parts.

Why could they not be designed calipers for this car? Wouldn't take much to get Brembo to design a different setup than the previous cars. I would be surprised if they were actually identical to any Impreza brakes....

Like the car as a whole, the new Subaru yellow colour looks good.

Why could they not be designed calipers for this car? Wouldn't take much to get Brembo to design a different setup than the previous cars. I would be surprised if they were actually identical to any Impreza brakes....

That's a big budget for a limited run of 500 cars.... When off the shelf parts will work just as well and actually there are many cars in the US running the impreza set-up without any problems what so ever. 

They might have changed the internal bypass on the fronts but that's probably about it. I doubt they redesigned a new caliper with different piston bores and workings.

That's a big budget for a limited run of 500 cars.... When off the shelf parts will work just as well

They clearly have a good working relationship with Brembo, just to get them to manufacture some different bore piston calipers isn't going to be a hardship, STi just need to calculate the specs and provide them. In fact I doubt it would cost much more than getting them to make more Impreza ones. The range that Brembo do means that they must have an infinite range of size pistons etc. A properly designed caliper will work better than a carry over. They seem to have gone to some detail with other parts, I doubt a "that'll do" attitude would be fine for the brake.... It's not a very Japanese mindset ;)

Who knows until someone has the brakes off. I'd certainly be keen to import one of these, best limited edition to date.

It wouldnt need to be much design work, just tweak the piston bores. I cant see them do it to be honest, not for a limited run.

Our cars do have electronic brake force distribution which helps iron out brake bias for whatever reason (hitting a banana on track?).

Might drop a cheeky message to some of my import friends to see what they could do on one of these ;)

Is the £ to Yen rate good enough? I worry that these will be well upwards of £30k new once you consider tax, SVA etc.

Maybe if these appear on the 2nd hand market in a few years....

Is the £ to Yen rate good enough? I worry that these will be well upwards of £30k new once you consider tax, SVA etc.

Maybe if these appear on the 2nd hand market in a few years....

4m yen is just under £21k - depends what import fees would be but yeah ideally you're looking second hand

It's an expensive way to get some nice seats :lol:

For a start you'll be applying 20% VAT and 3%? automotive import duty. £5k to ship it across?

Thats about £30k so far.

I think its a nice package IF it an be had for £30k. Bilstein dampers, bigger exhaust, bigger brakes.... Add all that lot to a stanadard gt86 and you'll be getting on for £30k.

Maybe I'll just ask Subaru how much the seats are :lol:

What do we reckon? £2k for the pair?

You're looking at £1300+ per seat + New Rails. They're Recaro Sportster CS with Side Airbags. 

Recaro will customise them how you wish. Probably some dealer tax on that too. 

They're the seats i'll be going for soon as I can justify it! 

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/seats-reclining/recaro-sportster-cs-seat-inc-side-airbag

You're looking at £1300+ per seat + New Rails. They're Recaro Sportster CS with Side Airbags. 

Recaro will customise them how you wish. Probably some dealer tax on that too. 

They're the seats i'll be going for soon as I can justify it! 

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/seats-reclining/recaro-sportster-cs-seat-inc-side-airbag

Or £999/seat without the side airbags

Our OEM seats don't have airbags do they?

Or £999/seat without the side airbags

Our OEM seats don't have airbags do they?

They do have airbags. You can run the non-airbaged ones but will need to get some airbag cancellers to stop the dash moaning at you. 

Aftermarket seats do seem to be a pain in the car due to the sensors and airbags. Few cars I know that do it have either disabled airbags completely, airbag cancellers or not ran passenger side seats.

They do have airbags. You can run the non-airbaged ones but will need to get some airbag cancellers to stop the dash moaning at you. 

Aftermarket seats do seem to be a pain in the car due to the sensors and airbags. Few cars I know that do it have either disabled airbags completely, airbag cancellers or not ran passenger side seats.

Ah yes, I remember all this hassle when I was looking at those Bride seats a while back...stupid safety features!

I'd still favour a nice set of bride buckets over these, although unless you go pricey, it's tricky to save weight.

Quite like the ts but it's a shame they haven't focussed on weight ( esp if they ain't doing power.) Unobtainium parts like the carbon gt sti wing from the previous version have had a habit of becoming obtainium.