chillismoke

GT86 1 - Wildlife 0

I was driving home late last night and had to swerve to avoid a hedgehog, at the same time of avoiding the hedgehog I had a front on collision with a bat! It hit the top of my window and roof, I felt bad  :(  Luckily I was only doing about 50mph. I checked this morning and there is no damage.

In my old car (Ibiza cupra gti) I hit a rabbit on the A5 at around 100mph it took out 2 of my front grills as i chopped it in half.

So has anyone else had any encounters with wildlife in there 86?

I have had two run in with wildlife.. So I have a wildlife1-car1 ratio..

First was a rabbit. It ran across the road infront of me I drive a low car (non gt 86) and I was going over a speed bump because of that the lucky rabbit hit the front of my car shot up about 5foot in the air(scaring the life outta me)landed on my bonnet slid to the floor and ran off ..

The second I was driving along at 60mph on main road woodpigion hit my windscreen .Must have ahad a chip in it as it cracked the whole thong . Not sure it did the wood pigeon any good either unfortunately . My windscreen was also covered in a horrible dust off it too. Yuck.

I try not to hit animals. If I can safely move outta the or stop way I will try to. Sometimes that's not possible .

Had some birds start to fly across the road, all but 1 decided it was a bad idea and flew up / back. The one that carried on got taken out by the front grill which pushed it in a bit...

Keep meaning to get it checked as you can push the grill in now without much force and I can't get it to clip back properly.

Had a run in with a deer on Thursday night! Not in the GT though.

Was charging down a trail on my mountain bike only to find a deer in the middle of the track. It legged it but in the same direction as I was riding. We spent the next twenty or so seconds racing until the trail opened up and he turned sharp right and jumped a fence!

The only fight I can think of is with a bird that came out of no where and hit the top of my windscreen and just bounced up and disappeared, didn't get a cloud of feathers or anything so hopefully it just boosted the bird upwards for its continued flight. However my mate did tell me a quite detailed story of what he witnessed one time.

Out in the courty lanes, a rabbit on the road as you'd expect and both lanes of traffic actually stopped to let the rabbit pass. In one direction a couple of cars back was my mate, and in the opposite direction was a big 4x4. The rabbit was in front of the 4x4 and was hopping along as normal but all of a sudden stopped, sadly the 4x4 driver could not see where the rabbit was. Assuming the rabbit had just carried on hopping, he slowly crept forwards...only to very slowly crush the rabbit under its wheel as the bugger just happened to stop right under the drivers wheel. My mate being a car back witnessed the rabbit slowly pop and splatter across the floor

Took out a squirrel last year at the Rockingham round of the TSS...

Yep.... extra 100 points to Jamie, that took real skill at 80mph to come off the racing line and mow the little b*gger down... not like those F1 wimps who were frightened off a gopher at the Canadian GP two weeks ago...

Let's have a 'road kill BBQ' at Robs, yes?

Spec K

Mate I was driving down the 303 about midnight and a rabbit decided to run out and I hit it :( was a loud bang and when I look my front diffuser was in 3 bits scrapping on the floor I used the old tape but kept coming off and scrapping so eventually I just cut it off however it was rather funny that it was full of fur :( poor poor car

Hit a badger last night doing about 60mph, I was so scared that it totally smashed up my front end! 

When I walked around the front all it had done is just unclip the front grill!!! Popped it straight back in and looks as good as new  ;)

The car gods must have been looking over me!  :wub:

Hit a badger last night doing about 60mph, I was so scared that it totally smashed up my front end! 

When I walked around the front all it had done is just unclip the front grill!!! Popped it straight back in and looks as good as new  ;)

The car gods must have been looking over me!  :wub:

To be fair badgers are quite fluffy, did the badger survive? :P

Lucky... I took a bird out with my grill and while it looks fine, it won't clip back on so you can pull back to where it should be but you can just as easily push it back in again :(

About a week ago I was waiting my turn at a set of lights and as I started to move off I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye so slammed on the anchors and then saw a black cat scurry on to the pavement - I'm not sure who was more shook up - me or the cat.

My worst was about when I was in my early 20's - I'm no biker but was borrowing a mate's 175 trail bike. Was riding down a narrow, twisty road with very high banks either side when a duck came out of the bank to my right and hit me square in the chest - I was only doing about 25mph (I said I was no biker) but it knocked me off the bike and left me sat at the side of the road gasping for breath for ages.

I used to drive through the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire quite a lot - and I've hit both a sheep and a deer (not at the same time) - but that was in a Volvo 240 so guess who won those encounters.