remal

Off to Tour Europe in the GT86

Well i've finished work. I'm away with the family tomorrow and coming home Sunday lunch time. Then pack and off to Portsmouth for the overnight ferry to Caen. So plan is On ferry, dump gear and off to the pub :)

I'm going with 3 others , My good Mate in his Lotus Elise S2 111S, Another in his 964 and the last one is his new Morgan. 

Should be great and looking forward to it just a bit.

Plan is go where the weather is. We have a week to play with. Intending to Go South East tho Switzerland and Austria, Italy and so on. 

Going to see what 300-500 miles a day over a week will be like . Having done that on my Fireblade a few years ago i'm looking forward to a comfy seat, Air con and music . 

Excited much 

Sounds good. I admit though I coudln't cope without a plan! I drove over the Alps to stay with a friend in Lake Garda two years ago. Was just epic and we met up with other friends whilst there and convoyed back over the Alps again. 

Have fun. :)

I'm back fro a few days with the family and now packed the beast and after I watched F1 will be meeting mates at my local services for the drive to Portsmouth. 

I'll take lots of pics and vid. Can't wait

Re no plan I agree but we are doing it for the nice weather then the places. So hoping Switzerland will be dry. if it's wet and horrid then down to the med and around Monaco etc

And cheers will have a great time 

Almost ready for part 1 of our 2015 Euro Trip :)

Ive done Zurich-Milan-Monaco-Barcelona-Madrid-Lisbon-Porto-Paris! That was an epic road trip i would defo recommend the Zurich to Milan drive, amazing scenery and epic roads! Enjoy im looking forward to the pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back. Well back since Saturday night. Left Luxembourg Ardenne forest area Saturday morning and drove the 230 miles to Calais. Got ferry tickers and drove the 200 miles from Dover and got back just after 8am. In time for my Sister in laws Engagement party. So after a lift to the party I was rather tired by 11PM.

I put a few pics of the trip up on youtube 

Total was 1670 miles Monday to Saturday. Amazing places to visit. Switzerland was fecking expensive and we did not intend to stay more than a day. By the 3rd Night we got into Germany. Managed to get on a Autoban but was a shame the traffic was heavy so only managed 110MPH. but was really refreshing that you can do any speed you like without the need to keep a eye out for speed cameras and Police. 

Trip was Caen via Le mans and Tours to Macon then into Switzerland to Morges By Lake Lausanne, Both the Grimsal pass and Furka Pass (as in italian job start of movie ) was closed due to snow. We thought this could happen at this time of the year so took a Car train via the pass tunnel.  Stayed in Altdof which was amazing and lovely views.  Up past Zurich to Schaffhousen  then to The Ardenne forest and stayed in Boullion

Amazing place and to be at the foot of the alpes in 23 degree heat to then to get 15ft  drifts next to reads thousands of feet up and it's 4 degrees.

I'll be going back via italy next time.  

Welcome back buddy! Saw a few of your pictures on Instagram during the week. Looked like you had a great time with 3 quite different cars (that Morgan looked lovely). 

What was the highlight of the trip in your opinion? 

Highlights. There were many

from the Autoban, Views by and on the alps. The food at a the 2 michelin star restaurants. Having a private pool at this place  http://www.lepetitmanoir.ch/

staying in this place http://www.alte-rheinmuehle.ch/aktuelles.php right on the rhine river

23 degrees at the foot of the alps to 4 degrees and 15ft snow drifts a few hours later 

We only booked the ferry from Portsmouth to Caen then found hotels and went where the weather was good. And lucky the weather was good in the direction we were hoping to go which was Switzerland 

I forgot to add in the 1670 odd miles I averaged 40.5MPG. I tripped the Average mpg at the start of the trip.  This surprised me as we kept it on or above the speed limit at all times. Also included traffic going through Geneva and Autoban 

I forgot to add in the 1670 odd miles I averaged 40.5MPG. I tripped the Average mpg at the start of the trip. This surprised me as we kept it on or above the speed limit at all times. Also included traffic going through Geneva and Autoban

That's encouraging. Just got back from France in my Citroen diesel and that posted the usual 48mpg average - so I find that impressive.