Squadrone Rosso

One on order - new GT86 in GT86 Blue

At least you got the spoiler! Mines coming in a few weeks in the post as someone forgot it after I specified it on the order and over the phone. Could you let me know if your engine bay wings, slam panel and bulkhead on yours are black or painted body colour as I found it strange mine weren't. I was given the line "that's how they all come now" and had to accept it even though I thought it was quite odd

At least you got the spoiler! Mines coming in a few weeks in the post as someone forgot it after I specified it on the order and over the phone. Could you let me know if your engine bay wings, slam panel and bulkhead on yours are black or painted body colour as I found it strange mine weren't. I was given the line "that's how they all come now" and had to accept it even though I thought it was quite odd

Nobodys engine bay is the colour if their car. They were only ever painted with the undercoat.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nobodys engine bay is the colour if their car. They were only ever painted with the undercoat.

My bay is all red, same as my car, though Rob? Duller/darker shade of red (I assume it hasn't got the top coat/lacquer), but still red  :)

Love the new blue, love the seats!

I was in my local dealer earlier getting some coolant and they had a new black aero on display and I thought that looked great too (wheels and skirts in particular) aside from the big wing which I've never been a fan of!

My bay is all red, same as my car, though Rob? Duller/darker shade of red (I assume it hasn't got the top coat/lacquer), but still red :)

Thats because your Base coat was red

The red 86's are none metallic and are just a solid red so the innards are a similar red where as all the other cars are metallic or pearl but the innards are only sprayed in the base colour, no pearl, metallic or even clear coat.

But anyhoooo, congrats and the new blue does look good, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!!!

So then. Just over a year on & almost 11k travelled, 2,200 miles of those on our ill fated trip in May.

Anyway, the engine is so much sweeter & gutsier now it's well run it.

I've recently driven both incarnations of the 124 Spider.

Neither are a patch on the 86!

Looks great in blue. How have you found the dealer? This will be our local dealer now too and the 86 will be due a service in March

The dealer principal has been great when we had the problems. Toyota were being wishy washy over the ABS pump so he issued a JFDI instruction to service.

Also agreed to cover the first three services & put us in a nice car whilst it was off the road for 3 weeks.

Service however. Pretty unresponsive. Over the DAB issue & the free Satnav updates.

I need to chase them ref the latter as Toyota are saying yes but the dealer needs to follow it up.

Have emailed them all the proof, screenshots etc but it's like pulling teeth :(

My wife is parting with her GT86 on Tuesday.

She's getting a new C-HR limited edition hybrid!! Her motoring needs have changed a lot over the last year with the 86 not being elderly or kid friendly being a particular problem.

She's been using my Panda Cross more & more so wanted her own mini SUV. The Panda didn't appeal to her & the 86 isn't compatible with my work car park.

89588e32e163ad52c35db10d6af785fe.jpg

I'm not too disappointed. My Panda will be making way for an Abarth 595 180 bhp Competizione with the performance pack.

e92c173cdda76b4d431b24c56fe42052.jpg

Car will be at FRF in Swansea. A really minter with every extra fitted.