remal

Number plate relocation mount

OK nothing fancy but I do like the looks of this 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121429109303?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Like the import looks of having the number plate to the site. 

I gather it's legal to use as you would use a standard No plate on there

And has anyone moved the front plate 

And what would you do about the holes in the bumper for the central number plate mount?

Fill them in, Dan has done this, I won't post pics of his but if he feels inclined to pop in he has done exactly this. 

yes it's legal, provided you use the right spacing

Hi mate I brought a new tow hook and a bit of metal plate the same size as the import plate it was a bit cheaper but I know a guy who is good at metal work. I was going to buy the one you Are looking at. And with the hole in the bumper you defanaty need to get them filled in lol took me a while to get mine done but finally got it all sorted. Don't know any one else with there number plate like this in the uk any way

post-460-0-65089300-1428060086_thumb.jpg

post-460-0-50066500-1428060114_thumb.jpg

post-460-0-57747200-1428060428_thumb.jpg

I never thought about the holes but will look into this before I do anything. And I do like the looks of that with the UK plate on

cheers for the pics 

does anyone know if the BRZ will leave holes underneath it? I had a quick look the other day at the number plate holder and almost seems as if it's just clipped on the mustache but didn't want to pull on it just incase there are screen holding it in

Having had a real JDM car, I personally don't like smaller plates on UKDM cars and I don't think the side plate suits the car, it ruins the symmetry. However you could get a smaller plate holder and use that centre mounted and lose the horrendous OEM plate holder. No holes to fill either then.

does anyone know if the BRZ will leave holes underneath it? I had a quick look the other day at the number plate holder and almost seems as if it's just clipped on the mustache but didn't want to pull on it just incase there are screen holding it in

Hi Tareim

Yes it does, just remove the number plate first and then the horrible black plastic holder unscrews: 

20140323_165254.jpg

I did look at getting a carbon fibre cover made, however it would have meant sourcing a bumper to use. 

I also found these, but shipping them would have been a nightmare: http://brz-86.net/brz-lab/brz-lab03_06.html & https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151514225133188&set=a.10151514224693188.1073741828.36517008187&type=3&permPage=1

I'm going to give it a go at some point as I like the clean look of no plate. I had a friend knock me something up for my mini similar to what you describe, a piece of sheet metal and a towing eye.

I was thinking of doing something along these lines so that when you go to shows/trackdays you can remove the front number plate and have your car looking (even more) awesome in the photos... Obviously, filled holes a given!

Dan, do you still have your "standard" plate, I'd love to see a photo of the GT86 with a standard plate instead of a square plate on the offset holder... I know the holder wouldn't fit properly but it'd give an idea what it would look like...

I was thinking of doing something along these lines so that when you go to shows/trackdays you can remove the front number plate and have your car looking (even more) awesome in the photos... Obviously, filled holes a given!

Dan, do you still have your "standard" plate, I'd love to see a photo of the GT86 with a standard plate instead of a square plate on the offset holder... I know the holder wouldn't fit properly but it'd give an idea what it would look like...

I do have my standard plate still but don't know if you would be able to put it on the side as it would be quite wide and you would get a lot of vibration from the wind would drive you mad lol think the only way you could get a Standard plate on the side would be to get a stick on one mayb

post-460-0-86153100-1428600048_thumb.jpgpost-460-0-92523000-1428600072_thumb.jpg

Sorry it's only over my number plate but couldn't find a spanner small enough to get mine off lol

Hey Dan when did you get that bonnet didn't notice it at GPRM?

Hi mate didn't get the carbon bonnet til this year