Captain Duff

Toyota's New Sports Car Will Sit Above GT86

Hopefully the Supra name will be revived!

The only gripe I would have with it, is if it is a hybrid. I don't want it turning out like the

BMW I8 In it's layout. Although knowing BMW they will try and push it that way.

It's not really going to be a 'Supra' as such though, don't think any Supra has cost £70K.

True, except if you account for the Supra costing £40k in 1993. Factor in inflation and that £40k is now worth just under £74k

I love Supras me :)

True, except if you account for the Supra costing £40k in 1993. Factor in inflation and that £40k is now worth just under £74k

I love Supras me :)

I'd only ever be interested In getting a manual! I don't understand why they are so rare?! If I had a howling 2JZ underneath the bonnet pushing 500-600hp plus, I'd want to be able to rip through those gears ;)

Prefer that engine to the RB26 in the Skyline.

I'd only ever be interested In getting a manual! I don't understand why they are so rare?! If I had a howling 2JZ underneath the bonnet pushing 500-600hp plus, I'd want to be able to rip through those gears ;)

Prefer that engine to the RB26 in the Skyline.

Totally agree.

Manual box was produced as a bespoke unit for the Supra, is over engineered and they reckon is good for 1,000 Bhp!

Auto box only good up to 600/700 bhp.....

Totally agree.

Manual box was produced as a bespoke unit for the Supra, is over engineered and they reckon is good for 1,000 Bhp!

Auto box only good up to 600/700 bhp.....

I do have look at the import sites online to see what kind of prices a lot of the Jap cars go for now. Can get a very good R32 and Supra for around 11-15k now.. My normal wish list comes from Harlow Jap autos.

Amazing to think these engines are over 25 years old now and yet examples from Japan are still pushing 500-1000hp!

Be nice to see if the new example from Toyota/BMW can push the performance envelope for so long like its forefathers.

Wish I never shown the wife this car. She want's one now 

price is a bit steep thought for me so she will have to work for it lol 

I don't like the look of many modern cars (mine is literally my favourite car currently in production, no joke) but I think this looks awesome.

However, hybrid and 4WD made me lose any interest. It certainly doesn't sound like a new Supra to me lol.