rob275

How long is 20 mins?

Was told on the phone i'd be called back in 20 mins as nobody was available to quote. This was at around 5pm yesterday. So when should I be expecting this call back?  :blink:

Why you guys are employing people not able to quote is beyond me, I press the option to go through to new insurance queries and get a useless bird on the other end?

I press the option to go through to new insurance queries and get a useless bird on the other end?

Classic!!!  I am currently talking to REIS about my insurance. Turns out they do multicar as well.

A little more than i'm paying now, that said I put the kit on the policy, brakes and audio. Covering like for like on all mods and covered for £36k

Guaranteed value? If not, that's a strange value for the car as that's not what they'd pay out in any case.... I put mine down as £19k as I doubt I'd get a penny more for a total write off. You don't get the full value back for mods either in that case....

Guaranteed value? If not, that's a strange value for the car as that's not what they'd pay out in any case.... I put mine down as £19k as I doubt I'd get a penny more for a total write off. You don't get the full value back for mods either in that case....

In order to have mods covered I have to give a realistic representation of how much they all cost me. This is what the £36k is. I'm aware I won't be getting £36k in the event of a write off. I'm also aware that my mods don't equate to £36k, i'm just future proofing :)

In order to have mods covered I have to give a realistic representation of how much they all cost me. This is what the £36k is. I'm aware I won't be getting £36k in the event of a write off. I'm also aware that my mods don't equate to £36k, i'm just future proofing :)

It's not really how it works. The value is what it's worth in a total loss situation, basically market value. You wouldn't say that a stock car is worth £25k every year upon renewal. Upping the "value" of the car is going to do nothing in the event of a payout, except it may raise your premium. The only time it's of any value is with a GV policy where you are guaranteed the return of the value you state. If I've read your statement wrong and that you just had to declare how much each mod cost item by item, well, I've not come across that before.

Remember you'll never get full value of the mods in the case of a minor accident (wear and tear and depreciation) and a total loss will see you get what the car is worth on the market.

A 2012 car with £10k mods will likely be worth no more than £20k on the 2nd hand market, if you consider that stock cars are struggling for £14k. Will someone honestly pay another £6k for the rest....

Perhaps Tim can clarify then, because that's not what the guy on the phone told me, I've added on what everything i've had done and will be doing new would cost to the current market value of my car. £36k is an overestimate for sure i'm not disputing that.

If they wanted the resale value of how the car is now then yes it would probably be around 20-22k imo