STEVO9000

Hi There :)

Hey there,

Thought I'd join up and introduce myself, have only recently found the forum.

I'm Steve, 25 from Swansea.

Recently purchased myself a Black '12 plate Manual, leather/alcantara, sat nav and parking sensor equipped GT86 from the ever helpful RRG Macclesfield last month.

So far I'm enjoying the experience of owning such a new car thats still so fun to drive!

Previous to this I had a 230bhp Supercharged Mk2 MX5 which was extremely fun to drive so the bar was set high and so far the GT is doing well :)

Few plans in the pipeline, mainly some wheels, lowering (still deciding between coilovers or Eibach springs, more than likely coilovers as I would like to do a few track days during my ownership), full exhaust, a remap and maybe a few aesthetic bits and pieces!

I look forward to being an active member of the community :)

Great stufff, welcome aboard. RRG Macc are very mod friendly. 

The stock suspensions stands up well on track to be fair. I have got coilovers on mine and a more aggressive geo setup and I have to admit it does transform the car. But you can still track it stock, I did a few times. 

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club! You're in safe hands over at RRG Macclesfield, I travels 2 hours there for any warranty and service work rather than my local. I look forward to what you'll do to your car.

Welcome, Steve...

Fancy a trackday, hmmm? 

Well, we've got a 'Novice' trackday at Oulton Park on Saturday 7th February, give you a chance to try out your beauty in a safe environment... stretch its legs a bit... and it's only £95 less Club 10% discount.... see 'Events' thread for details of how to sign up and get discounts.

Spec K

I wish RRG were closer, it was an 8 hour round trip for me to pick the car up, but I was more than happy with the service :)

I havent taken any pictures yet, other than the ones I had from RRG. Its dirty and needs a clean first!

As for the track day on the 7th, as lovely as that sounds I have a wedding that I'm attending on that day so no can do! But I'll keep an eye out for future events :)

Yeah, after having coilovers on my MX5 and using that for a track day I just feel that it drives so much better so thats something I'd definitely like to do rather thn go for springs now and look at upgrading later :)

Still in the process of selling a few parts off from the mazda so once they're all gone the spending spree for the GT can being ;)

Anyone else here from Wales? :)