Sign in to follow this  
rob275

Happy New year from the GT86 Drivers Club

On behalf of all the directors, we wish you a happy new year and would like to thank each and every one of its members for the support they have given to the club the past year! We have had many highlights and some fantastic gatherings at shows & socials alike from small to large numbers.

I think the highlights we can really look back on are BHP Performance Show of which a large turnout of approx 32 cars on stand was achieved means that the club, from a social perspective is something people should really get involved in. At JAE, the big weekender of the year we saw approx 15 cars over the weekend, and to top it off we had won best club stand for the second year running after joining up with IMOC. Something which has proven that inter-club events work wonders and i'm sure a few of you have met some great people from IMOC at JAE. Another highlight, the GPRM Factory Tour of which we have Nigel Charman to thank for organising. I think we ended up with 30+ cars to this and a very packed pub afterwards!

Of course we can't be forgetting Adrian Smith who has organised the TSS Alongside Javelin Trackdays which many of you have thoroughly enjoyed in 2014 and we hope we can help promote this to GT86 Owners to get more and more cars in to the GT86 Trophy.

Many Thanks to all of the traders which have supported us this year and we look forward to hopefully working with you all in 2015. Lets hope the GT86 Forums grow even further!

What's on in 2015 for the GT86 Drivers Club?

We have some shows already lined up, and it will probably bare no surprise that we have opted, after discussion to drop BHP Performance Show in favour of Japfest this year. The turnout was great from us last year but in all honesty the organisation was poor, and due to no fault of our own we admit it was stressful for everyone!

Car Shows for 2015 so far!

JapFest - Saturday 16th May 2015

Japfest 2 - Sunday 16th August 2015

JAE (Japanese Auto Extravaganza) - 10th - 13th September 2015

Trackdays for 2015 so far!

We have some plans for trackdays in 2015, though these are not set in stone and will be announced as soon as we get firmed details from the organisers, however we have a few track days for those petrol heads who want to enjoy themselves in a safe environment!

Novice Day at Oulton Park - 6th February 2015

Spa Francorchamps - 17th - 18th March 2015

We also plan on attending another Novice day at Brands Hatch later in the year, this will be announced on the forums so keep a close eye on it!

Socials for 2015!

We understand not everyone in the club is interested in Car Shows and Track days, but that doesn't mean you are any smaller part of the club and although we may not organise socials directly, you will be surprised how many people may be bored on a Sunday and would love a spot of pub lunch! Regardless of where you are in the UK, feel free to put a post up to see if anyone is up for a social. We may arrange some large events throughout the year with a social perspective but local ones are always good too.

Modified Live at Snetterton deserves a mention although the worst weather it gave the likes of me who had never been round a race track in a car before a chance to do so I hope this happens again under better conditions