Glacialfire

Greeting's from north of the border.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd jump on quickly and introduce myself. Picked my car up on Christmas Eve, so still really finding my feet with it. This has been the most sober festive period for some time, as having it out on the road, is much more fun than staring at the bottom of glass (Honeymoon period perhaps) :D

Went for a test drive just over a month ago, and knew less than 5 minutes after leaving the forecourt that it was going to be the replacement for my current car. Had my eye on a Pearlescent White they had in the dealership, and was set on getting it. However..........on a return trip to basically "do the deal", the sale's guy took me through to the back shop to show me what they were prepping to put out on the floor. To cut a long story short, I ended up getting a Giallo instead (No 38). All my car's to date, have been Silver, Black or White, so it's a bit of departure for me. Yellow is love it or loath it, but I think it looks great on the GT. 

Car history.........some good.........some meh.........some is ehhhh, filler to get no claims up.  ;)

500 Abarth (White) (which I've just traded in) :( (for a RWD car) :)

370Z GT Silver

Honda Civic 8th Gen Nighthawk Black

350Z GT Silver

Toyota Celica 7th Gen Silver (not 190)

Fiat Stillo (Yes I know) In some kind of blue purple hue, and it tails off even more, so I'll leave it there. 

As far as modding goes, I really want to leave it as is for now. At least until I get to grips with the car's (and my own) abilities. 

I've been on forums and meet's before when I had the 370 and it was a good thing to be a part of, so thought I'd have another stab.

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I get a decent enough day to get some photo's taken. 

Cheers for now, and hope this find's you all well.

Steve

post-876-0-79512100-1419627526_thumb.jpg

post-876-0-45511800-1419627702_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the special purchase and welcome to the club! Do love a yellow car and wish Toyota released a yellow to begin with but at the same time, I'm quite picky with my yellows and would have wanted a slight different yellow to the Giallo version (has to be more of a liquid yellow). I hope you find both the car and the club to be as pleasant as your previous club and car experiences! I too waited a year before modding to again, get a feel of the car before chopping and changing stuff! Look forward to meeting you and seeing what you eventually do with the car!

Welcome aboard, Steve, as Rob said the first Gialla in the club! :) 

We will have the meets starting again in the new year, kicking off with Autosport in a couple of weeks, if that's your thing.

Thank's for the words of welcome guys, and good to see an active and friendly forum. 

As long as my calendar is empty, and work isn't busting my globes, I'll make an effort to get to what I can.  :)

Guest zen

Never really liked yellow cars, but this one is a grower, might be tempted by a trade in if they ever change more than just the colour... welcome to sobriety, Steve! :)

Hi Steve and welcome. Oooo. Nice car. My local dealer's got No 83 in his showroom.

I'm looking at swapping my Orange GT86 in for a Giallo (pronounced Jiallo for those with no italian). Hopefully in about 10 days time. My local dealer wants to keep No 83 in his New showroom for as long as possible, so he's sourced another one from ooop North somewhere. No idea which edition number that one is. It's been registered in my name though!!

Have fun driving it. You'll soon be looking at the mods and stuff available for the car though as there's plenty out there.

Cheers

Hi Steve and welcome. Oooo. Nice car. My local dealer's got No 83 in his showroom.

I'm looking at swapping my Orange GT86 in for a Giallo (pronounced Jiallo for those with no italian). Hopefully in about 10 days time. My local dealer wants to keep No 83 in his New showroom for as long as possible, so he's sourced another one from ooop North somewhere. No idea which edition number that one is. It's been registered in my name though!!

Have fun driving it. You'll soon be looking at the mods and stuff available for the car though as there's plenty out there.

Cheers

I'm really loving it thank's mate. It's certainly a different driving experience than the Abarth. Hope the acquisition goes off without a hitch.  :)

Cheers

Oh and meant to ask mate. You going with the Decal's, or keeping it naked? The car obviously!  :D