LarsB

Hi from a Danish member

Hi guys

I'm from Denmark, my name is Lars, and I just bought a new GT86.

Being from Denmark there is not much of a community around that car. There are Toyota Owners Clubs, but as there is only sold around 12 of these cars in the whole of Denmark, its kind of a "narrow" Owner group  :)

Thats why I have come here - I have already read some interesting forum-threads, and I have ordered a OBDII Bluetooth interface just to try it out.

Another thing about being from Denmark, afterpartsmarket is VERY limited, so I hope to get some good ideas off this site too :) 

Oh, and just to let you know, the car that are costing you around 22.000 punds, cost me (hold on to your seats) 38.000 pounds due to 180% taxes on cars in Denmark B) 

Finally a picture of the beauty (the sticker with Probiler has been removed, its the dealers name)

1604670_10153088015859928_88413887558439

Hi Lars, welcome to the club. We have a few Europeans on here and it's actually probably likely we will meet you on the odd euro trip we may do as a club.

Your price is insanely high! But as long as you enjoy it, that is the main thing.

UK community is quite large and growing so you will fit right in. Hope to hear more about plans for your car and hopefully you can get the info you need. Most of our main traders will ship to you no problem. (even remotely tune your car)

Welcome to the club Lars and congrats on the purchase.  Sadly the prices of the car vary so much over the world that I'm sure that the price is even more in another country somewhere.  Nothing wrong with staying standard to begin with, I did for the first year before I started to do stuff to her (bar a drop in air filter and some minor cosmetic/gadget upgrades).  Like others have mentioned, I'm sure you'll be able to get parts sent over from other places rather than sourcing them locally but the question is if you have a local mechanic who can do a decent job of installing the parts for you.  I know a couple of European members have actually travelled all the way to the UK just to get stuff done by the likes of Adrian from Fensport and Mark from Abbey Motorsports.  If you plan on making the trip over, please do let us know and we can sort out a meet!  Looking forward to seeing what you do with you car! 

Welcome Lars.

Congratulations on acquiring the car despite the tax hike.

Which part of Denmark are you from? I've been to Kobenhavn a few times, though not by car, when I used to work for a Danish software company.

Skol

Welcome Lars.

Congratulations on acquiring the car despite the tax hike.

Which part of Denmark are you from? I've been to Kobenhavn a few times, though not by car, when I used to work for a Danish software company.

Skol

Im from a town called Horsens, just about 55.000 people live here... its approx. 250 Km from Copenhagen, in Jutland.