Captain Duff

Frozen side windows - don't panic!

On the basis that there are some newer owners who will no doubt experience the panic of getting frozen and completely stuck side windows given the falling temperatures (had my first ones of the year this morning) then just a heads up that you don't need to panic or call a dealer  - once things have thawed out enough you can reset the mechanism by holding down both window switches on the drivers side for a good 10 secs (making sure the child window lock isn't on) and then holding them up for a good 10 secs and you should find everything gets reset and starts to work again properly.

I would also recommend this stuff - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Einszett-Gummi-Pflege-Rubber-Care-Stick-100ml-Rubber-Treatment-Roll-On-/191409793896?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c90e9ab68 - as a preventative treatment for the rubber seals between the window and the door frame as it should help prevent most freezing if used regularly (have lost mine that I got last year so have just got some more ordered!).

Heated garage works too

Not when it's full of more fun cars and bikes than the lovely 86.

I bought this after it was recommend and found it to be bloody great stuff and really helps with the frozen windows and issues with them sticking 

I remember back when I first bought the car and I experienced this problem for the first time! I was flapping so much thinking I'd have to leave the car outside all night with the window open haha! Looking back on it now I only have to laugh at how simple the solution is!