MeisterR

MeisterR GT1 Coilovers - Opinion

MeisterR has been working over the past 2 years on the development of an amazing British engineered suspension. 

We didn't want to make something simply different, we wanted to make the best and compete with the best offerings on the market. 
We have finally arrived at the finish line and the new MeisterR GT1 Coilovers are finally ready.

The GT1 coilovers are developed in collaboration between MeisterR and Black Art Design (BAD). 
BAD is a well known British suspension company responsible for many race winning cars. 
Their portfolio range from the DAX Rush, Noble, Classic Austin Martin, to the fastest privateer Ford RS200 in the Colorado Pike Peaks.

The GT1 coilovers have many custom in-house made parts that are truly cutting edge engineering. 
As there are so many technical features on the GT1 coilovers, we are still compiling a presentation that can show off these features in an easy to read format.

But here is a little teaser video I made up for the GT1 Coilovers

The GT1 coilovers retail at £1650, and we want to provide a few benefits to members that may be interested.

Here are a few points we are thinking about and we want the community's opinion.

1.  Life-Time Warranty on hydraulic function to the original purchaser:  
That is right, the GT1 damper is built to such a high specification that technically speaking, unless it is physically damaged (such as a bent / scored shaft), it will continue to operate forever… even under racing condition. 
However, parts exposed to the element will wear over time so you really can't give a lifetime warranty on those, but the actual damper itself will continue to function for years, we are that confident of the quality.

The warranty means, if you go to Nurburg every weekend and a damper failed after a run 3 years later, we will rebuild it for free. 
If you crash into the Armco and bent the rod, or run into the gravel and scored the damper shaft causing the damper to fail, then it isn't cover. Sounds pretty fair?

2.  Upgrade from Zeta-S / Zeta-R / Europa to GT1 Coilovers: 
We feel that some MeisterR owners would want to upgrade to the GT1 in the future. So we want to make an upgrade program for those who have purchased the Zeta-S / Zeta-R / Europa coilovers. 
Our initial thought is, you can purchase a set of GT1 coilovers, and after installation you can send back your old set of MeisterR coilovers and we will refund you £350 (Around 50% of the purchase price) for your old set. 
That way you get a brand new set GT1 in your hand, and there is no need to try to sell the old set of suspensions or wait for a rebuild.

So what do you think of the life-time warranty and the upgrade option with the GT1 Coilovers?
Do you have anything else that you feel could be beneficial to the end user.

We are always open to opinions and suggestions.

Jerrick / Edwin

The GT1 are design to compete with the best in the market, namely the Ohlins DFV.

They are design as a great all rounder on road and on track.

All the advance internal engineering is design to make all these possible.

Jerrick

A quick view of the first few set of the new MeisterR GT1 coilovers.

Mitsubishi Evolution X [ CZ4A ] ( Also available for EVO4 CP9A to EVO9 CT9A )

EVOGT1.jpg

Toyota GT86[ ZN6 ] / Subaru BRZ [ ZC6 ]

GT86GT1.jpg

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR [ BNR32 ] ( Also available for R33 / R34 / R35 )

R32GT1.jpg

We will have more technical details for release soon.  :)

Jerrick

I think this is what you're looking for Jay:

http://www.meisterr.co.uk/products/gt1/

Unique Feature: The valves open in sequence from 1 to 3.

Benefits:

1. Smaller valve deals with small suspension movements.

2. Large main valve retains high maximum flow rate.

3. Allows progressive increase of oil flow rate.

Advantages:

1. Comfortable ride quality on long motorway journey with great damping quality over small imperfections.

2. Compliant handling over uneven road surfaces with sharp steering response all the time.

3. Damper force progressively loads tyres, leading to better traction on street compound tyres.

P.A.C. (Pressurised Air Chamber)

Unique Feature: Small pocket of air is trapped in a pressurised chamber between the piston and the damper shaft.

Benefits:

Allows the air to act as a damper and react to small or high speed suspension movements that normally are too small to detect.

Advantages:

Provides better compliancy and ride quality over roads with small rough surfaces, such as concrete.

That was just the GT1 piston design.

We have since added:

1. GT1 bump stop: Progressive rate bump stop design to come into play progressively to aid comfort.

2. GT1 CNC damper shaft seal / wear tape: CNC made in house using Ultrasound tested Austrian Polyurethane.
The combination increase durability and reduce stiction, and is the main part responsible for the lifetime warranty.
3. Dual gas chamber seal:  to reduce possibility of gas leak even under extreme usage
4. GT1 dust cover:  Custom moulded out of harden neoprene, it will protect the damper shaft against debris and had been used by BAD on rally cars for years.

The combination all the above parts + experience of BAD suspension engineering and vehicle dynamic makes the GT1 a suspension that will compete with the best on the market.

Jerrick

We are just back from displaying at Autosport International with the MeisterR GT1 as it's centre piece.

Here is a few photo of our "little" stand.  :)

Autosport1.JPG

Autosport2.JPG

Autosport3.JPG

A lot of interests from many owners regarding the GT1 coilovers.
Many have heard about the GT1 but it was not until they see the internal parts of the GT1 in person that they are thoroughly impressed.

We have a lot of data to present so we will bring out more details regarding the GT1 once we organise them.

Jerrick

Awesome stuff Jerrick, were you the Asian fella with glasses I was chatting to about the super power pack? I was the other Asian fella with the white hoody. Apologies I didn't return, completely forgot

Awesome stuff Jerrick, were you the Asian fella with glasses I was chatting to about the super power pack? I was the other Asian fella with the white hoody. Apologies I didn't return, completely forgot

There was 2 Asian fella with glasses (Me and Edwin).  :D

But yes, it will be one of us.

The GT1 are design to be awesome… especially when you are getting head nod from Ohlins engineer (I know him back when he was working at Nitron), you know you got something special.  ;)

Jerrick