nickfrog

Driving aids mode confusion

Sorry I can't fathom it. I come from a BMW where I had 3 modes :

1 - Default - everything on, ie stability and TC

2 - Stability on but TC off so you could spin the rears to move off in the snow or mud.

3 - Everything off. You're on your own.

There was one button. Press it once and you go to 2. Press is for 5 seconds and you go to 3

I have read the instructions but I simply don't comprehend how many modes there are, what they do and how I get there on the GT86.

Thanks for any guidance.

Pushing the traction button switches off traction control up to 30mph, once you go above 30 it reverts back to normal

Pushing the VSC button engages 'sport' mode, it allows for moderate wheel spin and loosens the aids, if it thinks you are going to lose it it will kick in and potentially save you before you get to that stage

Holding down traction control for 5 seconds puts everything 'off' but there are still some instances where an aid will come in and 'help'

Lastly there is the pedal dance (Google it / YouTube) which switches everything off properly but keeps ABS active.

Thank you. 

Another question while I am at it . My car reads texts, which is great. It also allows me to call the texter back, so there must be some form of voice control. There is a microphone in the middle of the steering wheel just in front of the rev counter. Does that mean I can also make calls using voice control even when not prompted ? I couldn't find anywhere to program and record names.

I don't seem to have a very sophisticated stereo thingy, it doesn't even have the car button giving me access to tyre pressure or fuel range...

Confused now. How come does it offer me to call texter back or "I am done" verbally and that when I answer, it executes the command ? That does sound like some kind of voice control surely ?

Confused now. How come does it offer me to call texter back or "I am done" verbally and that when I answer, it executes the command ? That does sound like some kind of voice control surely ?

Perhaps it's a function of the Touch & Go unit? I only have the touch unit It doesn't read texts out to me.

@Riceburner, is this something new?

Just to clarify : texts are being read to me and I can hear a voice asking me if I want to dial the texter. I am not inventing it.

Insanity happens to the best of us  :lol: I can only assume it's a Touch & Go feature that is new.

I get a message display telling me I've got a new text message and would love to be able to read it off the screen... that's with T&G paired to a Galaxy 5...

Spec K

You can, click the middle button on the right. Then click messages on the left hand side. You can then read them....

I can anyway with my HTC one M8.