tegunulgener

Which brake pads?

Hi all... I am going to buy brake pads and can't decide. Heard lots about ebc yellow stuff both positive and negative so I probably not good news to buy them. OEM brake pads are noisy and very dusty. Please enlighten me with your experiences...

Thanks in advance

PMu looking good. Price wise similar to Oem as Toyota genuine is £139 for the fronts. They lasted 22000miles only.

Since there will be a s/c I want something stopping better than Oem. It should last long as well. Meanwhile less dust is better but not essential. Basically I'm after a better pads as Oem ones wasn't good enough to me

Teg, that looks a good choice... might squeal a bit, being harder...

I would certainly go for the Stop-tech grooved disks all round if you're going f/I.... but reverse the rotation or you get dust build-up in the grooves.

Spec K

B Specs are definitely available for the 86, will be a bit more friendly on a day to day basis I'd imagine. IIRC my EK9 had B specs, although may have been NR.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Toyota%20GT86%20BRZ%20project%20Mu%20B%20spec%20full%20set%20high%20performance%20brake%20pads&_itemId=251525230338

i dont do track days. just street use. oem pads lasted 22000miles and soon they will be replaced.

what i didnt like about oems? they dont stop the car well on high speed. it is not the tyres. pedal goes very hard, i press the pedal very hard but feels like someone put oil on brake disks. im talking about from 80mph to 20 for instance. it happened few times. it was not the weather. also recently had a problem with pulling to the left like crazy when i applied brakes. hardly controlled the car and it was about 40mph max. wanted to stop on traffic lights. this happened few times as well. 

safety has the highest priority. then longevity. then dust. since i've learned that oem pads are around £139, any advanced pads are cheaper than oem ones.

PS: i was just talking to Mark@Abbey and he told me that Hawk is a good choice and I think i will go with that. it was a short talk due to he was busy as usual but in couple of weeks time i will get more information face to face.

B Specs are definitely available for the 86, will be a bit more friendly on a day to day basis I'd imagine. IIRC my EK9 had B specs, although may have been NR.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Toyota%20GT86%20BRZ%20project%20Mu%20B%20spec%20full%20set%20high%20performance%20brake%20pads&_itemId=251525230338

i was following from phone and missed that. sorry... just checking but they all from australia. 

Hi.

We are new traders in here but we can supply DIXCEL brakes. They are knocking the socks off all the other big brands in Japan at the moment.

I have three suggestions. If you don't track, then the DIXCEL ES pads will be perfect. Low dust, low noise, high performance and durable. These will work fine on track for the more novice driver - more experienced drivers and driver with R rated rubber should look at Z type pads.

post-618-14153485259928.jpg

They are cheap too. From £64.00 inc cat for the front and £55.00 for the rear.

If you are looking specifically for low dust the the DIXCEL M type would be up your street.

post-618-14153486145562.jpg

These are very hard wearing pads with fast road credentials. They are extremely low dust however it's impossible to eliminate dust. More expensive initially but you will get plenary of life out of them. £150.00 inc vat for front or rear

If you are more of a track hooligan we have the perfect track / street crossover pad. Incredible initial bite and controllability with a fade resistance of 850 degrees C. Being a street pad they work from cold so none of this warming up nonsense - you can feel confident letting your less experienced other half drive the car.

post-618-14153488362664.jpg

They produce less dust than OEM when street driven, civilised and refined in their behaviour. More expensive again but worth it if you are looking for a pad that can do everything. Front £216.00 rear £185.00

Let me knew if you have any questions. :-)