Sign in to follow this  
adamj29

My alarm goes off when I now lock the car!!

Yesterday I fitted a Blitz SUS Induction kit, and the Beat Sonic shark fin aerial. I then washed my car (not sure if any of this is relevant). After doing this I went to lock the car on the door handle and the car started beeping about 5 times or so, and then the alarm went off.

So I unlocked the car via the remote and the alarm stopped. I then tried locking the damn thing again using the remote this time and the same thing happened, leading to me deafening myself. I've tried locking and unlocking it with the handle and remote in different ways but to no prevail.

I've looked in the owners manual and it has mentioned that this could be cause by a door being left open or the key left inside the car, which isn't the case.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I'm a bit concerned that when fitting the air filter, I had to disconnect and reconnect a sensor and this may of somehow tripped the alarm / locking system.

So anyway basically I have a car that won't lock.....  :wacko:

Cheers 

Check the bonnet sensor. Make sure the conical thing that locates in the cup on the underside of the bonnet (driver's side) is correctly aligned and compressing fully when the bonnet is closed.Your car thiks the bonnet is open when you try to lock it.