Kodename47

Fuel Help - France and Spain

I'm taking a holiday through France and Spain and I'm looking for help to find companies that sell decent grade 98 RON or above fuel. I hear generally to avoid supermarket fuel. I'll be making a map just in case I can't get high quality 98 but would like to keep it on decent stuff.

So far I have Shell (in France) and Repsol in Spain..... And that's about the stretch of my knowledge.

I'm afraid I have on idea, even though I ventured through France last year (I think....or was it the year before....), but we were driving around in old bangers so we didn't really pay much attention to the quality of the petrol.  But I would be interested in seeing this list/map of yours as I do want to do a euro trip at some point (was supposed to one this year but that didn't happen due to my accident :( )

I also haven't a clue, but a little search suggests that most stations sell 95 and 98 RON variants in Spain. I don't particularly recall seeing any other station other then Repsol there so I think this may be your only option ;)

Seriously do not worry about it. All fuel stations seem to sell 98RON and there are the usual brands.

I haven't driven that much in Spain, but I took my GT86 through France twice last year, no problem whatsoever getting decent fuel.

I've done quite a lot of driving in Europe always in cars that need 98 RON. Never had a problem anywhere over the past 12 years of doing it.

Thanks guys! I've heard to avoid supermarket fuels as they aren't particularly great quality, just like I wouldn't use Sainsburys SUL here. The knock suppression just isn't going to cut the mustard on a mountain run on this engine.

I find it odd that Shell doesn't exist in Spain, although makes me wonder if it's branded differently there.

Does anything great exist in Spain? even Sangria is foul :)

Yeah I wouldn't expect much from any supermarket fuels to be fair. Who was it that said Tesco were cleaning out their tanks and plants were growing in the bottom of it? It wasn't that long ago either.

Shell [Hoyer] BP Tesco Sainsbury Morrison Asda and everyone else load up at Vopack if you go over the Dartford crossing you will see their place on the Essex side only Esso have their own terminal at Purfleet so if you are in the SE that's where your fuel comes from and god knows what goes into their tanks on a day to day basis about 10 years ago Tesco ended up with Silicon in their fuel after a mix up at Vopack but that was kept very quiet