Lauren

How to fit TRD engine start button

Now I'm sure fitting this button is not going to be difficult, my question lies more with what bits of the dash need to come off to get to it. 

I'm guessing it's nothing too mad, but I'd appreciate any advice before I go trying to figure it out. 

10517523_10152149961076467_4570494939691

Cheers. :)

Lauren,

You have to remove the panel where the starter button and USB parts are fitted (it pulls out).  Once out, then remove the plug from the back of the existing starter button.  There are two clips that have to be pushed in to pull the starter switch out from the front.  Unfortunately, you have to remove the panel to access these clips (and the clips on the harness plug).  Once the old switch is out, fitting the TRD one is just the reverse.  I found I got an immediate increase of 7.7592 bhp (validated via the butt dyno) when I fitted my TRD push start ;)

Dave

LOL! Erm.... I'll find something! ;)

In all seriousness I'll pop down for a chat and bring a load of stuff that we amassed to show you. 

Jay, is it simply a matter of pulling the bottom panel out then? I.e., does it just prise out with a screwdriver or some such? 

The bottom panel simply pops out. Best way is to put your fingers in the little compartment, with the other hand try to grip onto the surround of the start button and pull towards you and it will snap out. Then it's just a matter of changing over the start button which is easy enough

Awesome stuff Lauren, please do post up pics of you doing this.  To help, like Smudges suggested, check out the thread is posted form the FT86 site, on page 8, someone (like myself) struggled to remove this bit but someone has written a comment that might help, in the pic on that page, there are 3 tabs/clips along the top of the plastic panel, I'm assuming this will be the same with our push start panels but if you get a screw driver or something to help push the panel down while pulling the panel out, it might help the process of popping it out!

Here's the link:  http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13583&page=8