Bart

My first 2 weeks and 300 miles

Hello All,

Had the care for about 2 weeks and have to say, I am lovin' it.

Over more years than I care to admit / remember :rolleyes: I've probably had ever so slightly more than my fair share of quick / powerful / daft / plain stoopid cars (delete as applicable) but I have no regrets or second thoughts on this one.

I've been a car nut all my life but I have to admit that over the last 4 or 5 years I've got fairly jaded about new cars.  The whole thing had got a bit "meh", if that makes sense?  So, when it came to needing a new car I wasn't thrilled by the prospect like I used to be.

Then one evening a few months ago, my missus came home from work and said, "I saw this car on the M1 today, it looked really good.  I'm sure it was a Toyota but not a Celica". Now, my missus is a bit of a petrolhead but complements are very rare and are usually reserved for mustangs like hers. I'm thinking. this must be one of those GT86s I keep hearing about.  So, I look online, read reviews, watch the youtube stuff and book a test drive.

Then I found the forums.  Hello! This is a new car that people are actually genuinely enthusiastic about.  This is what I've been missing! Anyway the order was placed, and here I am telling you about it.  Circle complete.

Thanks for reading.

N.

post-541-0-75583600-1406985189_thumb.jpg

Oh yes!  It's on a VPower-only diet, using 3K as a redline for the first 1000 miles, then go up in 2k rpm per 200-250 miles increments after that.  Then I can let rip :D 

Welcome Bart, i'm sure you will enjoy the car. It's not without it's niggles but a 1st gen car is never perfect and luckily Toyota are forthcoming when dealing with such issues i've found.. apart from the few rogue dealers who get named and shamed on here. Hopefully will see you at some point :) Despite location, I travel to some pretty far meets sometimes.