Special K

Novice Day

Hi

There was a really good response to the original 'novice day' that we organised with MSV at Snetterton earlier this year.

We have now grown, with new 'members' to the Drivers Club and I don't think the idea has lost any of its appeal - to try your car, under strictly controlled safety criteria and with tuition from instructors on hand - to feel the true potential of your Toyobaru without a silly 70mph upper limit, Gatso's, sneaky barsteward cops in laybys (hrrmph!)  and develop yourself as a driver.

As we grow, as a group dedicated to 'activity', not 'actipolish', it is obvious (to me) that a Snet 'novice day' as the only source of this facility is not working.

Yes, it's good for some of us southerners in the east but it's a pain for many of you.. for many of you it is a 4-5 hour drive, means an overnight in a tent/hotel and - more importantly - you cannot invite your family/friends.

So -  at which circuits would you like me to try and organise this? And please bear in mind - if there's 12 of you, who demand (say) Oulton Park for a 30 min closed Club session a week before a  BTCC round I'm not only without influence - I'm without gonads.. I will try but I'm not Bernie..

(If I get minimal response to this thread I will assume it's not of interest and I (me) will drop the idea - if the Forum directors wish to resurrect the concept later that is fine by me..)

Spec K

Guest zen

Limited opportunities "north of the wall" (anything other than Knockhill not counting airfields, etc?) and perhaps limited members keen to attend, but it would be good at least be vaguely drivable to from Aberdeen to a venue...

So...

Mallory is quite central, as is Donington... Oulton for northies ?

What about us southies? Brands Indy circuit? or is it too twee?

What I would try and do is engage with an existing trackday organiser to give us up to four 20min sessions on track. I reckon there would have to be at least 8 cars at each event to make it viable... doesn't stop drivers doing more than one venue, of course..

This does not detract from ideas being looked at presently for an 'exclusive' Toyobaru day - I think the Board have this on thier Agenda..

I'll start making noises... but it will need a bit more response if it is going to work..

Spec K