CHOSENMAN007

any one help this dude out?

:( Another one bites the dust :(  Sorry to see that dude!

I just might have to Dave as there isn't any white ones appearing which would save me a fair few penies as the paint is the major expense, that's why I've been holding out on getting white parts rather than just getting any old colour or brand new.  There is a blue and black bumper on ebay at the moment but they've got minor damage (either dent or a crack but repairable).  As for the bonnet nothing out there and not so cheap, about £320 plus VAT unpainted brand new.  Luckily Chris is sorting me out with his :D

I'd want that inspected on a ramp first just to make sure there was no damage to the sub frame given the push its had.

Having said that I had worse damage in my old vRS repaired and re-sprayed in my local repair garage and when he'd finished after 3 days you would never have known there had ever been a scratch. It was my fault so I was paying cash rather than making a claim but it came in at around £300 (which included a courtesy car), so some of these places can work wonders and are cheaper than you think.

If the price of a new bumper part is that cheap I'd go for that rather than attempt to try and glue and fiberglass it better (in my case above Skoda wanted £600 for a bumper, and that was without any paint!). Shame they don't do the flippin' mirror housings that cheap!

I'd want that inspected on a ramp first just to make sure there was no damage to the sub frame given the push its had.

Having said that I had worse damage in my old vRS repaired and re-sprayed in my local repair garage and when he'd finished after 3 days you would never have known there had ever been a scratch. It was my fault so I was paying cash rather than making a claim but it came in at around £300 (which included a courtesy car), so some of these places can work wonders and are cheaper than you think.

If the price of a new bumper part is that cheap I'd go for that rather than attempt to try and glue and fiberglass it better (in my case above Skoda wanted £600 for a bumper, and that was without any paint!). Shame they don't do the flippin' mirror housings that cheap!

Not sure on this one.

When the bonnet lifts that far, at that angle,  it is not a 'spray and display' jobbie. Sorry.

.. not that I know anything about accidents, of course...

Spec K