Sign in to follow this  
AOSHI

TRD Aero parts

Hey everyone. My question is about if it is worth investing in, does it gonna make much difference or it is just for bling-bling-hollywood look?

It will make sod all difference aerodynamically

Smudge, I seriously hope you are wrong!

I have fitted a number of the TRD aero parts to my car, with the promise of the following benefits:

Fender Extension will give a styled look to the wheel arch. Also built to improve aerodynamics.

Rear side spoiler is also used in Lexus LFA.

By creating a down force to the rear part of the vehicle, it will improve the attached feeling to the ground.

By Minimizing the gap between the rear glass and trunk panel will smoothly flow the air and improves the rear stability.

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/86_performanceline/aero.html

I cannot believe that you know more than TRD, and that they would ever claim something that has not been extensively tested and proven in wind tunnel testing?  :huh:

Smudge, I seriously hope you are wrong!

I have fitted a number of the TRD aero parts to my car, with the promise of the following benefits:

Fender Extension will give a styled look to the wheel arch. Also built to improve aerodynamics.

Rear side spoiler is also used in Lexus LFA.

By creating a down force to the rear part of the vehicle, it will improve the attached feeling to the ground.

By Minimizing the gap between the rear glass and trunk panel will smoothly flow the air and improves the rear stability.

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/86_performanceline/aero.html

I cannot believe that you know more than TRD, and that they would ever claim something that has not been extensively tested and proven in wind tunnel testing?  :huh:

I guess that a few tenths of a second on a lap may matter to some, the rest of the benefits will mean sod all to the rest of us.