Sign in to follow this  
hbfieldii

US Spec BRZ Sat Nav

Hey guys, so i have been in England coming up on a year now and when i got here i quickly realised my sat nav doesn't have Europe maps. So i called Subaru here and asked if they could order me a SD card with Euro maps. they told me Subaru over here has a different setup in there head unit and if i wanted to have Euro Maps I'd have to replace my whole head unit and then was quoted about 3,000GBP. My question is do you know if thats true t oget nav maps ill have to replace the whole head unit?  They didn't even attempt to let me try Euro maps card in my Deck first either. 

Other option is to change the head unit for something aftermarket. The US ones may well be market specific. 

If you go aftermarket you can get something better with the sat nav and DAB too. 

Other option is to change the head unit for something aftermarket. The US ones may well be market specific. 

If you go aftermarket you can get something better with the sat nav and DAB too. 

And don't forget, for a lot less too...the Alpine (INE-925R) that Lauren and I have got is a lot less than £3k, and audio quality is much improved

(although it gets even better with a decent amp, speakers, sub .... there goes your £3k lol)

The US Satnav system on the BRZ is completely different to the UK satnav system. 

I'd just buy a tomtom, unless you really want to change head unit.