Twigman

Do any of you have a ramp/lift/pit?

Do any of you have a ramp or a lift or a pit?

I have a couple of things I would like to do that requires the use of a ramp or a lift or a pit:

1) i'd like to fit a whiteline positive shift thing

and

2) I'd like to apply ACF50 to the underside of the 86 before winter

but I have no way to get under the car.

What do you guys do?

Do you have your own lifts?

I call abbey motorsport up and say heeeeeeyyyyyy, how you doin'?  ;)

:lol: .... no I don't do anything on my car for this reason, using a jack you can do everything albeit at a snails pace, so I just get someone with the right gear to do it.

I have a set of ramps, got them when I fitted my diffuser, you can borrow them if you want

They won't be big enough if properly working under the car. Trust me on that one. Even with my jack on full lift I'd want more room.

I have a set of ramps, got them when I fitted my diffuser, you can borrow them if you want

I have a pair of ramps and some axle stands already.

But I have NO flat ground  - my house is on the side of a hill and the drive is at 30 degrees to the road and can't do what I want with 18" of clearance anyway.

I wonder if there are any of these self service places local?

Whatever you end up doing, make sure you do a thread on how easy/hard it was, as they're 2 things I'd like to do as well, but again haven't because lack of a garage.

My Car on full Trolly jack Lift and Axle Stands is plenty high enough to get under and do any work. Had the exhaust off on my drive way. 

As long as you don't want to do the work standing up i'd say invest in some decent axle stands.

My Car on full Trolly jack Lift and Axle Stands is plenty high enough to get under and do any work. Had the exhaust off on my drive way. 

As long as you don't want to do the work standing up i'd say invest in some decent axle stands.

Not easy when your driveway slopes at 30 degrees and you have zero flat land to park on.

I have decent axle stands

hmm, so you could also do with borrowing somebodies flat drive.

Same here Jay, on ramps I had plenty of room to potter about underneath. 

Whilst working on jacks/axle stands isn't impossible, it's certainly a world of difference using proper ramps/stands. Changing my manifold was a pig even on a proper lift, I would have hated to do that laying under the car. I guess if you don't need to use breaker bars at odd angles then jacks will do.