Twigman

Probably very simple...

Rob is correct, start to pull up from the underside of the door handle bit as at the top of the trim actually hooks upwards so you do need to hinge it outwards from the bottom.  To remove the the door trim card itself, you need to remove the plastic pop rivet at the front and remove the 3 (I think) screws, 2 in the door handle after you remove the door hand trim and 1 where the door leaver is (behind a plastic cover cap).  Then get your fingers under the door along the bottom and simply pry up and outwards all the way round.  Once the door card is hinged outwards from the bottom, you can lift / unhook the top of the door car from the window sill.

thanks all

...so the window/doorlock control/mirror control panel....that comes away with the door card does it? I assume it has a plug into the loom behind does it? - that I will need to disconnect

Sorry for all the dumb questions but forewarned is forearmed as they say

That's correct Twigman, there is also 2 cables across the door car that connects to the door release and the safety lock that needs unhooking (I think it's 2 cables or it might just be the 1) as well as another wiring loom towards the rear/bottom of the door card that connects to the inside door light.