A lot of know me for having a pearl white gt86. It was a manual. But after I test drove a auto paddle shift I was taken. There is no right or wrong just what suits you I say. So here is my new silver 86 with some JDM stickers that came in the post today. Yes I am using the stock tow hook, but I have 2 aluminium red hooks by Cusco coming. Have a look give me feed back.

post-315-0-54981400-1396726626_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-84385100-1396726692_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-04163900-1396726794_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-82718500-1396726833_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-53533800-1396726855_thumb.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way, but I just don't understand that sticker next to the petrol flap. Isn't that much the same as the sticker inside the flap?

Though the one inside the flap says '98', not 95. 

I guess the other ones are saying that the toe hooks are toe hooks. 

I'm sorry it's not for me, but please don't be offended. 

Nah not at all Lauren.rob said the same. I think the Japanese only go up to 95 octane. Don't quote me either way I just think its just great aesthetics is all. Under the body work mods soon to come.

LOL, it's all good fun, awesome stuff dude!  No idea that you changed vehicle though, I originally test drove the Auto first but I was always adamant on getting a manual!  There are times that an auto with flapply paddles come into their own, i.e. full auto for lots of traffic and flappy paddles for smooth gear changes on track, but the rest of the time, i.e. normal to spirited driving, manual gears all the way for a more involving drive in my opinion!

How much was your Cusco tow hook anyways and where from?  I'm interested in getting a pair to save me having to take the stock one on and off every time I go on track.

A bit of bling there... I like it but there aren't many breakdown drivers who can read Japanese..

... also be aware that the maximum recommended speed at which you can tow an auto gt86, without transmission damage,  is 19mph.... best to use a rear wheel dolly..

Spec K

Haha cheers Keith. I got my hooks quite cheap on eBay. Waiting for them, as they are come coming from Taiwan let me inspect the quality and see if they are the original article. Will keep u updated.

Yeah, let us know dude as Adrian from Fensport has warned me of cheaper ones where the pin through the swivel point can be a bit on the small side which work fine when pulled straight back but if they're being pulled at an angle, they can easily twist and shear off  :wacko:

Rob - for £100 I'd want a free tow vehicle thrown in ..!

The Toyo part plus powder coating would cost you less than that, I reckon...

Spec K

It probably would, but it'd also look shit :)