benno86

Benno's 86

Thought i would just share with you guys/gals some of the things i have done so far .It all started on 23rd november 2012 when i picked her up from the dealer post-367-0-48957100-1393165346_thumb.jpg. After owning a few modified cars i was determined to keep this one standard so for some time thats how it remained until i went to japfest 2013 and brought a samco air intake pipe and a blitz lm panel filter.post-367-0-25601700-1393165730_thumb.jpg. Didnt get any pictures of the panel filter but im sure you all know what one looks like.After this things came to a stop as i battled with the local dealership over rattles and the infamous oil leak , And after 8 trips to the dealer it was finally sorted. Things then picked up this year with the purchase of a miltek secondry cat back no res and a berk technology test pipe which deletes the 2nd cat.post-367-0-80984100-1393166032_thumb.jpgpost-367-0-75627600-1393166090_thumb.jpg.

Following this i decided the car needed a remap so off i went to fensport for the ecutek remap and whilst i was there i picked up a rear diffuser post-367-0-39579000-1393166254_thumb.jpg. I was really pleased with the work adrian did , the car just pulls so much better and the service was excellent ,cannont recomend him enough .

This is where the car is staying at the moment but hoping to upgrade the wheels and tyres before opting for some lower springs and stiffer arb's 

Wheels are the next thing on my list :) there is just soo many out there and in all different sizes , then theres the dilema of tyres . i rather like the rota forces in 5x100 17x8 et 35 just not sure on colour but definatley know i dont like the black with red lip

Wheels are the next thing on my list :) there is just soo many out there and in all different sizes , then theres the dilema of tyres . i rather like the rota forces in 5x100 17x8 et 35 just not sure on colour but definatley know i dont like the black with red lip

I am running Rota Blitz 17" x 8" with Goodyear F1 Eagles (225x 45 x 17 94Y). Excellent tyre - if you go for these tyres specify 'Extra Load' - this will ensure you get the German-made version.

And if you go for Rotas make sure you 'blue-tack' the hubcaps into place - they have a tendency to emigrate when the wheels get hot...

Spec K

Made up my mind and I'm going for the forces in gun metal:) . Spec k how do you find your eagle f1's , I have been considering them and also conti contact sport 5s. Good to know about the xl bit .is the only difference that they are made in Germany ?

Since the weather was nice at the weekend i managed to fit my new wheels :)

There rota forces in 17x8 et 35 wrapped in goodyear egale f1's asymetric 2's 225 45 17

post-367-0-89950300-1394450334_thumb.jpg

First thoughts after a quick test drive was the steering felt vague and not as sharp as before but after 10 mins or so everything felt normal and i found i was able to push the car alot harder round the bends and now i am over the moon with the extra grip. The rear feels much more planted than before .possibly due to the fact the primacy's were bold but none the less the result is fantastic imo.

toying with the thought of lowering springs now but quite happy with how it sits for now 

Cheers for comments , I agree Lauren it needs a slight drop , hoping 15mm drop will be enough as roads are terrible round my way , hopefully get a good idea of lowering distances at the fensport meet.Keith I'm pretty sure it was they just needed to worn as leaving work last night they were cold but gripped from the off