Fensport

Fidanza Aluminum Flywheels in stock now :)

Hi Everyone,

We now have the Fidanza alloy flywheels available from stock :)

We can offer 10% discount from our normal retail for you guys :) so the total is £290.52 inc vat

110991_1_zpse280d4c6.jpg

Fidanza Flywheels are made of the highest quality components— 

•6061 T6 aluminum 

•1050 high carbon alloy steel friction plates 

•Heat treated ring gears 

•Aircraft quality hardware 

•Replaceable friction plates. There is no need to replace the entire flywheel when the clutch or flywheel is at the end of it's life, saving time and money 

•Compatible with all our single plate clutches 

4.65kg the stock flywheel is 9.36kgs  

Best Regards
Adrian

Now, that is a serious weight saving over the OEM one...!

*looks for price on website*

Not too unreasonable...

What are the benefits of an aluminium flywheel over a steel one? Can this flywheel be used with a standard OEM clutch or is it aftermarket only like the Helix flywheel??

I'm not in a position to buy but I still like to dream (and plan...) :D

I've read that lighter fly wheels could cause idling issues....any chance of that happening with this Adrian?  Would one need a remap to sort that?  What are the gains of having a lighter flywheel?

A ligher flywheel will result in a more responsive engine as there is less inertia to overcome. 

Whilst it will aid the engine revving, it will also decellerate the engine revs quicker too. It shouldn't have too much of an impact on idle really, though you may be more likely to stall it perhaps. 

The gains are really a sharper throttle response. You may notice that the engine hits the red line quicker in 1st gear but in higher gears the effects are diminished of course. Throttle adjustments mid corner should be sharper which is useful. 

Now, that is a serious weight saving over the OEM one...!

*looks for price on website*

Not too unreasonable...

What are the benefits of an aluminium flywheel over a steel one? Can this flywheel be used with a standard OEM clutch or is it aftermarket only like the Helix flywheel??

I'm not in a position to buy but I still like to dream (and plan...) :D

Hi Sideways,

Both the Helix and the Fidanza flywheel will work with all our clutches, standard and uprated :)

The Fidanza one is 0.6kg lighter than the Helix and you can change the friction plate which is cheaper than replacing the flywheel later in life.

Lauren has answered the "benefits" question nicely :)

Just to add ... although flywheels won't make horsepower they take less horsepower to accelerate which means the engine has more available power to send to the wheels :)

Best Regards

Adrian