Fensport

Fensport Avo Turbo No10 .... TRD Stage 2 :)

Hi everyone,

Here is Fensport Avo Turbo No10 ....

Our first TRD Turbo :) and its getting a stage 2 conversion with uprated clutch and electronic boost control :)

Stripping down

DSC08872_zps840ffc59.jpg

Gearbox out

P1130500_zpsc99fc6bb.jpg

The view down the tunnel

P1130498_zps0d77552d.jpg

Helix Flywheel

P1130507_zpsef060440.jpg

Ready for assembly

P1130501_zps1dea9ea6.jpg

Making room for the turbo

DSC08874_zps4544b0e4.jpg

DSC08878_zps82405c7d.jpg

Turbo built up and ready to be installed

DSC08884_zps7d60cd4c.jpg

Looks big from here ;)

DSC08887_zpscc56f148.jpg

DSC08882_zps6454ff7c.jpg

Intercooler installed

P1130524_zpsc747e94d.jpg

and all done :)

DSC08893_zps66aeb0b5.jpg

DSC08901_zpsfb823c98.jpg

DSC08903_zpsd728ab14.jpg

Mapping tomorrow, plan is 2 stage boost control 0.45 bar on low boost and 0.65 on high boost ... target is 285 - 295 bhp :) :)

Best Regards

Adrian

WHAAT!

More than me... ? <sob>

Adrian - what's the aggro with GT86Ian's car..? Seems he is not a happy bunny..

Spec K

Keith it's a manual so gets a few percent extra ;) Don't worry you'll get the new maps soon :)

Ian's car, blew manifold gaskets and is being fixed today :)

Best Regards

Adrian

Awesome stuff Adrian, keep them coming.......just so I can feel even more left out  :(    ;)

ahh yes we must meet soon after the 11th so that I can make you feel even more left out! :)

Adrian... you're wicked! I love it...!   :D

Taking a broad overview I think we've now got 8 'active' turbos and 4 'active' s/charged (when Rob275 gets his kit on in a coupla weeks...).

I also know that a number of f/i cars (and n/a, of course) are actively looking at the Toyota Sprint Series this year and Rob275 is encouraging all who would like to try 'safe' tracking, under timed conditions, to consider an event or two..

There is speculation in regards to the way that the Toyobaru will evolve. I, for one, am keen to change the pistons/con rods in order to reduce the compression ratio and allow further turbo boost. This is under discussion and development.

But I believe I've reached the limits of my own capabilities at my current 290-odd bhp (I'm used to 200-odd bhp) and I need trackdays to get accustomed to what I have now. This old codger's reactions aren't up with you young turks... so I need an 'edge'..

A further 100-odd bhp - which reduced c/r will easily achieve on a turbo modified car - puts our cars into supercar performance. Way beyond the standard parameters built into the car and further than I anticipated when I looked for increased performance.

So I'm going a bit further. See if it works..

Firstly I'm going Fatrab's route of changing the final drive ratio. This is a unique demand of the 'auto' gearbox, where our 5th/6th gears are way higher than your pudding-stir variety. Gives us better acceleration and does not compromise top speed, which is theoretical at 174mph..

Secondly I am trialling the 'Tein Active Pro' dynamic suspension, where a 'g-meter' on the dashboard alters the shock absorber ratings in milliseconds as you brake/accelerate/corner. This is as near to (my beloved) F1 technology as I can find. It will need development and I shall be relying on Adrian/Fensport to assist in this.. Tein have a website focussed on this if anyone want to look it up... as always Members are more than welcome to experience these mods in my car once developed..

Finally they will be fitting an oil cooler - long overdue...

Spec K

Keith, what boost are you currently running?  Also, have you seen my oil cooler installation?  If you want to do the same, and don't mind loosing your front fog lights, I have a spare set of the FRS bumper covers.

Dave - I'm running 0.6bar high. Gives 240bhp at the hubs, about 280-290bhp at the flywheel. New maps to come, as mentioned above..

Much appreciate the FRS option but I'm trying to keep the exterior as standard as possible - lights etc - so I'm looking at the offset 'ducted' oil cooler option from Adrian. Sump oil temp at Snetterton got up to 110 C. but it was a cold day - could be a different kettle of crustaceans in the summer at, say, Spa... or Monza... or Imola... (drool)..

Gotta think new road rims/tyres as well. I'd love to go Rays for lightness but they are mega-money... I think I'll go 17" x 9" all round but tyres are the question mark at present. I like the F1 Eagles but the wear rate has escalated since turbo-day and I use them as my inter/wets for track use. Currently 8" Rotas with 235 profile tyres - 9" will take 245 profile, is that what you're using on the front?

Spec K