Rab

Scottish Meet - 27/4/14

We've been threatening to do a West vs East meet in Scotland for a while now so it's time to lay down the gauntlet!!!!!

To tie in with Faith's next visit to the nicer side of the border I think it's time us soapdodgers from the west showed the eastern gadgies how to drive, ken, eh??? smiley36.gif (there's a bitter rivalry between east & west!) As it would be highly illegal to sort out our differences on the open highway I've got a better idea!

Thinking we could do a meet somewhere, on neutral ground, from about 11am before venturing into the unknown (or Edinburgh as it's commonly known) to Raceland for a karting competition. Not that there will be much competition from you softies over there!!!!

Everyone is of course welcome but it would be great if any of the Northern/North East owners fancied the trip up!

I'll get on the scrounge again for a few prizes and see what I can come up with to entice as many owners as possible to take part!

Anyone up for it?? smiley4.gif

I am interested, though I'd be looking at a weekend away of course which would be good. I'd need to bring Indy paws I think too.

Just checked with the karting. If it's the outdoor track, yes, I'd be up for it.

Yeah def outdoor this time Lauren, I'll make a provisional booking at the end of this week once I get an idea of numbers

Cheers!

I probably won't be able to make this as I'll also be thinking about taking part in the TSS....plus it's a bit of a trek for me....plus I have some important business to attend that week so I won't be able to take any time off for a long journey like that.

But here is a Calendar entry for people to RSVP or to just keep a track of titled Scottish Civil War - East Vs West Meet....was guna add in No Man's Land but couldn't fit it in  :D

Probably going to make a provisional booking tomorrow for the outdoor karting at Edinburgh, anyone else want to tag along?

Won't be a problem to add on later, just want to get the booking in place :)

Just got this email back from Raceland:

Hi Robert

On Sunday 27th April you have the choice of the Indoor circuit for a Grand Prix event starting at 2.00pm. The cost for this is based on a minimum of 16 drivers (£560), then £35/driver for any extra drivers.
On the Outdoor circuit you could book a Super Grand Prix starting at 3.30pm. You would have two options for your group size at this time.
1 – Min 16 drivers (£800) up to a max of 20 drivers, £50 per extra driver OR
2 – Min 32 drivers (£1600) up to a max of 40 drivers, £50 per extra driver.

The Indoor & Outdoor events last around 3hrs from start to finish & all equipment is supplied including a trophy presentation at the end.

We would require a 50% deposit to book the event & all balances are payable on the day of the event.

If you would like to double check any details or make a booking please give us a call.

Yours in Sport

Graham
Raceland.

What's your thought's peeps??

Lauren I've got 19 signed up if u and mark are in so 1 more to go then it totals 40quid each. Its outdoor or nothing so far as I'm concerned :)

I'm sure we'll find one more before april!! Might have a few drop outs too but should fill 20 places no probs, sure a few of my mates would come too.

faith
Cuenzi if ok
Lauren
Markinstoke
Paul1961
Mani + 2 others
calumcmt
Griffinnn
cowboyjon
Mrs cowboyjon
fatrab
fatrab junior
Mrs fatrab junior (!?smiley3.gif)
chrismac1980
Mrs chrismac1980
Fraser28
Fraser28 Snr

Okay, it looks like I may end up being more involved in the Sprint Series than I first envisaged. Lots of reasons for this of course.

I know you haven't booked anythng yet, Rab, but I think it's a safer option for me to pull out at this point. 

Really sorry. Hope you get the numbers.

No worries Lauren, I was going to revive this thread today anyway as it's only 6 weeks to go and it would help to know numbers!

Piers
kierzo
faith
Paul1961
Mani + 2 others
calumcmt
Griffinnn
fatrab
fatrab junior
Mrs fatrab junior (!?smiley3.gif)
Fraser28
Fraser28 Snr

Spectating: Cuenzi (tbc!), Mrs fatrab, Mrs P62 smiley2.gif, edwood (maybe)

Plenty of spaces available as there's been a few dropped out so feel free to add on smiley4.gif

Confirmed this with Raceland today, Outdoor Karting 3.30pm, 20 places available in total so still a few remaining if anyone else fancies it

Piers
kierzo
faith
Paul1961
Mani + 4 others
calumcmt +1
Griffinnn
fatrab
fatrab junior
Mrs fatrab junior
Fraser28
Fraser28 Snr

Spectating: Cuenzi (tbc!), Mrs fatrab, Mrs Paul1961, edwood (maybe)

What an excellent day! Lauren - I am a convert to outdoor tracks!

Here's a few pics I got:

10009953_10152013669057016_3371678412638

10010304_10152013669117016_2870588359302

10258735_10152013669037016_9730875564072

10012075_10152013669092016_1910479897555

10320955_10152013669412016_2900380074078

10256359_10152013669392016_3113715637709

Quote of the day for me:

Martin - Griffinnn - "I NEARLY GOT KILLED" hahahahaha smiley36.gif

I'll leave the events reporting to others but my highlights were:

• Climb41 yet again gatecrashing a Scottish meet
  • Another BRZ being there!!
  • Faith, the only person out on the track who should've had her sat nav to find the route smiley36.gif
  • and lastly, Paul1961 ....................

One thing to say to you pal:

Black_flag.png

Everyone thought it was a great day!

Can't wait to do it again sometime soon!!!

What a fantastic meet, top man Rob!

It was lovely to catch up with friends and meet new ones. Really enjoyed the drive from Glasgow over to Edinburgh and got some nice footage. I can’t get enough of these cars and loved having the chance to look at them.

What can I say about the karting, I was on true form and came last after spinning out on numerous occasions. Tbucket would be proud. I have also found some strange bruises, plus a very stiff back and shoulders, but I suppose the 400 mile drive after didn’t help.

Very well done to Mani, and basically everyone, as you all came in front of me. My helmet has pink champagne blobs all over it!

Loved my prize it was very fitting, a key-ring and a black decal lol

I have put my photos in a facebook album, and feel free to copy any: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152771643127646.1073741876.821767645&type=1&l=e3a1fb226a

Also, if you want to have a look at basically some awesome cars being over taken and then overtaking, here they are: