faith

Charity London Tunnel Run 2014

A couple of us are doing the London Tunnel Run on Saturday 18th January, so thought I would post the details in case anyone from here was interested. There are a few different meeting points to convey down to Thurrock Service, which is the meeting point before the Tunnel Run.

For more details here is the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/672943872737915/686613401370962/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

From the page:

"So basically, due to alot of people not being able to get tickets for the Paul Walker Tribute meet at Santa Pod, Myself and Southend Street Scene have decided to create our own meet!

London tunnel run! Meeting at Thurrock Services at 8:00 And will be a static meet until 10:00 when we will leave. Maps/routes will be printed off for you all for the night and will be supplied for £2 each, ALL will be going to 2 great charities!

Lets give Paul Walker and his Friend Rodger Rodas a true Fast and Furious style ...send off!

Meeting point is
Thurrock Services
RM16 3BG"

I'm probably guna give this a miss, been doing a bit of travelling already this week so might wanna just chill/sleep for the day before having to drive down to Bedford again Sunday night for the week.  Though I do wish  could hear my wonderful exhaust in a tunnel again  ^_^

What an amazing night that turned out to be!

I went to the Kream Paul Walker Tribute Cruise last night, which was a disaster. We were meant to meet up in East London around 6pm. We didn't actually leave the meet point until 9:40pm, by which point I'd been there for 5h20m (I arrived *really* early!) and was rather bored (and in need of a "comfort break" - and there were no toilets nearby!). When we finally left, we convoyed through to central London, then hit a massive traffic jam caused by an accident (unrelated to the cruise, thankfully!) and had to make a major detour. By the time we got to the final meet point (Battersea Park) we found it had closed. The Facebook event page was hardly ever updated... and when it was it was people complaining about the poor organisation. After circling around parts of central London I gave up and went home.

If I hadn't had the fortune of having a passenger/navigator with me, I'd have given up long before I did. Hopefully the next cruise I attend will be better-run and there won't be as much frustration.

At the end of the day, I left with some happy memories and a cool decal for my car as a tribute to Paul Walker. I had to clean part of the bonnet to apply it and only realised just how dirty my bonnet was *after* I had rubbed off the dirt and polished the area with my sleeve. It'll wash out, so I'm not that peeved, but I had no idea just how dirty the car was... yay for driving a black car!