Test Drives Unlimited

I hit a Fox the other night..........

As the title states...........

I hit a Fox on my way back from a RX-8OC Monthly Meet on Wednesday Evening & found the Fox was still inbeded in the front of my car when I parked on my driveway !! The speed I was doing at the time of hitting the Fox was about 50mph,having slowed down because the Fox had run across the road ahead of me,otherwise there would of been far more damage done to the car............ oh by the way I thought I had run over him,as the sound was a thud !!!!

The Fox was still alive when I got home,but while I was on the phone to the RSPCA the poor Fox died & then they could do nothing more about it & was told to call the AA or RAC,so called Toyota Assistant & found them total useless !!

So on Thursday morning called the Motorline Toyota Dealer in Crawley where I bought the car from & they put me in touch with their Bodyshop Department. So the Director of the Bodyshop came over to my home in the later part of the afternoon.

He had to rip off the Black Plastic Cover Intake as that was badly damaged & then got the Fox out,oh he was rather large for a Fox & looked like his head had hit the Air-Con Cooler as it's a bit bent in the middle,but no leaks thank god.

So now I got a big gaping whole on the front of the car,while I wait for the Toyota Dealer to get the part in for me. By the way the part has only cost £31.43 which was a bit of a shock,as I was expecting something like £50 to £60 for a replacement part.

So the GT-86 is built like a tank :D

Ben (Tiny/Apex Rotary) is going to fit the New Panel on my car along with a New Mod that is on order for the 86 :lol:

That's what you get for going to another clubs meet  :P 

:lol: only joking, glad it wasn't that bad.....I have no idea what I would have done if I had found the Fox still alive stuck in the car like that....I doubt I would have thought about calling the RSPCA  :wacko: