faith

Hertfordshire Meet/Drive/Eat or Drink - Sunday 26th Jan 2014

Time for a Herts meet :-) I decided to go for a location which is pretty central with a decent car park:

Date: Sunday 26th January

Time: 11.00am to kick tyres and leave at 11.30am for a drive, with a route I've kinda put together ;-)

Place:

The Wicked Lady (on B651)

Nomansland

Wheathampstead

St Albans

AL4 8EL

http://www.thewickedladypub.co.uk/home/

So if you are up for it add yourself to the list, also have the list going on the owners forum as well :-)

Faith (I will be in one piece - pacemaker ;))

Rob (provided I am in one piece)

Kristov (provided I am in one piece)

SpecK (provided my zimmer frame is in one piece)

Time for a Herts meet :-) I decided to go for a location which is pretty central with a decent car park:

Date: Sunday 26th January

Time: 11.00am to kick tyres and leave at 11.30am for a drive, with a route I've kinda put together ;-)

Place:

The Wicked Lady (on B651)

Nomansland

Wheathampstead

St Albans

AL4 8EL

http://www.thewickedladypub.co.uk/home/

So if you are up for it add yourself to the list, also have the list going on the owners forum as well :-)

Faith (I will be in one piece - pacemaker ;))

Rob (provided I am in one piece)

Kristov (provided I am in one piece)

Spec K (provided my zimmer frame's in one piece..)

Hmmmmm.....not sure....I'll have to see, this could fit nicely with work as I might be over near Bedford for the week, otherwise I'll have to see how I feel after the trackday as it's a bit of a trek back from Snetterton only to trek half way back again......unless I stay in Snetterton another night.....hmmmmm......

Drumming up some business over the other side as well, so far:

Faith
Spanytom
?Qu1ckn1ck
?Kodename
Rob
Kristov
Musketeer
?Twigman
Steeps
Special K
?Keethos
JoshL

:)

what's going on?  it isn't today, it's the 26th Jan, day after Snetterton.  Keith I really hope you haven't made that journey!  I can't even come over and meet you if you have, as I'm in Stoke.

Ian - put it in your diary - January 26th, I will remind you :-)

Nice pub! Might visit it again some time...

Be warned - satnav is totally wrong, takes you up a tiny country lane.. the pub is actually 30 yards further along from where you turn into the lane off the main road..

(It was nice and icy... slippery...)

Spec K

So guys, it's looking good for a nice turnout, cheers to a fellow 86er, Delarado (from the other side - he will be converted ;)), for accompanying me this evening in finalising the route. Really enjoyed the run out.

So if you haven't already, add yourself to the list, and lets make the Herts meet a decent one.

Faith
Spanytom
?Qu1ckn1ck
?Kodename
Rob
Kristov
Musketeer
?Twigman
Steeps
Special K
?Keethos
JoshL
Delarado(Carl)

A quick update: If heading from St. Albans, your satnav asks you to turn left off the B651 on to Ferrers Lane - ignore it and carry straight on as the pub is on your right a few hundred yards up the road.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=Wicked+Lady&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=wicked+lady+hertfordshire&cid=13967318159667352356&ei=HlrhUvWsCYPJ0AW_2IDQDQ&ved=0CIYBEPwSMAo

List updated:

Faith

Spanytom

?Qu1ckn1ck

?Kodename

Rob

Kristov

Musketeer

Twigman

Steeps

Special K

?Keethos

JoshL

Delarado(Carl)

TDU (possible)

Suggestible

I am totally knackered this morning.... all that driving yesterday and the bl**dy storm on the way back from Snet...

I'd stopped at a BP station on the A11 to make an urgent phone call when the gusts really hit... all the signs/bins on the forecourt went walkabout and the gas station had a power cut! Then it bucketed down all the way to the bottom of the M11...

... still, looking forward to today's meet...

Spec K

Hey all, I'm still shattered from yesterday so I'm guna have to skip this and go back to bed me thinks. Plus the weather looks devastatingly bad, stormy and very gloomy. Sorry all but I hope you all have an awesome meet!

Really looking forward to meeting up with you all in a bit. Again, remember that your satnav may try and turn you off the B651 - stay on it :-)

I'll keep an eye on the forum, so pm me if you need my mobile number :-)