GT86Jay

GT6 Real life footage / race your real lap times.

That is some cool sheeeeeeet....what are the chances of that working in the UK and how many UK tracks are there on GT6?

FYI Jay, it looked like you posted this topic twice somehow so I've  gone and deleted the other thread for you.

There are two UK tracks on GT6 that I can think of. 

However, Silverstone is boring and Brands GP is infamously expensive! 

There is of course Brands Indy, but it's so short it feels like you're going round in circles. 

You'd need to buy that canbus thing, so my best guess is that it would no make sense at all given it's incredibly limited use. 

So is it the case then that it has to be for one of the tracks in the game?

This is what I was talking about at the Curry a couple of weeks ago. It's my understanding that it may or may not work depending on what CAN signals the manufacturer is exposing on the bus, and in that respect Subaru and Toyota expose different things. So although it might work on the GT86, it might not work on a BRZ.

So is it the case then that it has to be for one of the tracks in the game?

Yes. Lets hope that GT6 adds Angersea or Donington as extra content in the future :)

What's wrong with Anglesey?  Besides the crazy BMW X6 (I think it was....some big 4x4 type car) drivers and stupid Caterham drivers who try and overtake in corners.....I thought it was a good track!

Anglesey used to be utterly brilliant. Then they dug it up and put in a new track that was really wide and forgot to add a chicane or link to corners together to add a bit of technicality to the challenge. 

There was much talk about the 10m drop of the 'corkscrew' and when it was being built it was likened to the one at Laguna Seca. Exciting stuff you might say? I worked on the pitlane there for a few hundred trackdays and a number of years. We used to drive the old circuit all the time. We loved, the section down the old pit straight into School then into Abbotts was legendary for being a corner where you needed some bottle and if you cocked up the entry it murdered you all the way into a likely spin on the exit of Abbotts. 

Then there was Douglas into Mountview where you had a fast left, right, left, that again required precision to alter the balance of the car just enough to get the weight transfer. And lets not forget Radar where much sideways fun was had. All quite technical and immense fun. 

So, they make this new track, there is not one corner that flows into another apart from the frankly lacklustre corkscrew on the coastal layout. It's wide, without much in the way of technical corners. Perhaps Peel and the left hander after that require a bit of thinking about turn in, but they're still a 100 metres apart. 

Church is the best corner because it's the fastest. The rest I don't really rate. It's a crying shame but I really think they should have hired someone to design the circuit that knew what they were doing as it could have been just so brilliant. 

Footage of the old track by my friend, John in his MK3 MR2:

http://youtu.be/k158nOF7mHg

Yeah, Lauren has hit the nail on the heat. The old circuit had corners which used to flow into each other. Screw one up and you'd be in trouble for the next.

The new circuit is great fun, but it just doesn't have anything which is a patch on the old School / Abbotts corners.

More YouTube of the old layout :