Sign in to follow this  
Captain Duff

That's a nice milk float :)

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...tric-car-videoOk, so it's too big and boring looking, but a huge range, plug in any normal socket charge ability and a 0-60 in under 5 seconds makes it very attractive - and I have never said that about an electric car before. Yes, it will be expensive, but these things will get loads cheaper in time, and a coupe with a 0-60 in that sort of time would tempt many I think, although you would probably need to get an a recorded loud intake/exhaust sound to play through the audio system ;)

uhuh, I agree, it will be appealing once the price comes down in a few years... Of course, the only problem is that the main reason why the batteries are expensive is because of the rare earth metals used to produce them, and they're called Rare for a reason, and everyone knows that rare = expensive. Hence until there are dramatic improvements in the efficiency of everything else so that smaller (and hence cheaper) batteries can be used - OR new batteries come out with improved energy density and less expensive construction - there will never be a car that manages both "luxury" and "electric" without a serious price tag...I'm not saying it won't happen, but in my opinion it is a lot further away than people in general expect.Otherwise, for an expensive electric bus it doesn't look too bad...

All I can say is I really want a massive display like that......I'd love to just rip out all the controls from our centre console and fit a massive screen like this....I'd need some right technical wizz kid to come up with something that could control all that in a nice GUI!