Sign in to follow this  
speedy

Another week, another service

Hey everybody,Bit of an eventful week this week. Monday morning the car was gently tagged from behind in rush hour traffic. Left a tiny impression on the rear bumper (on the black plastic) nothing too bad.Went for another service on Friday at Toyota in Guildford - (I think it might be the 4th service the car has now had? losing track already :) ) since the car now has ~29k on the clock. All clear, no damage from the incident on Monday and nothing else wrong at all. 14 months in, still loving it. 2 days at Anglesey, 1 & 1/2 days at the ring and driven to Italy and back.. and a couple of miles done around the UK. Still on the original tyres (5/4/4 at the front, 4/3/3 at the back) and original brakes (fronts 75% worn, rears 50% worn). Just awesome :+:

Good question :) - Would have been at JAE, but had a conflict with a wedding instead. I was just looking at the events section to see what is coming up :+:

Alex, see if you can make the karting on the 9th November, that will be a good meet. How have you managed to make the rears last nearly 30K? I only managed 14K which did have two trackdays in it I guess, but even so, you've arguably done more than that!Still glad you are still enjoying it. :+: I'm a bit over 22K now and still :lover: it.

which did have two trackdays in it I guess, but even so, you've arguably done more than that!

Well yeah, 2 days at Angersea + Many laps around the ring :+:I think there was already a reason I couldn't make the 9th, but Google seems to have deleted the calendar where I had everything stored. So NFC now..

Yeah, it's done pretty good on the tyres. TBH, lots and lots of that mileage has been done on Motorways, which would seem to be pretty easy on the rears.

It's been driven sideways on track a bit, but the time it spent at Anglesea (2 days) were really to see how the brakes stood up to abuse and also for my other half to get used to driving it on track in preparation for the day and a half at the ring.

End of the month soon, then it'll get some new boots :+:

I found last winter that the standard tyres were ok once you got some warmth into them - the rears more so than the fronts. One reasonably quick get away seemed to do the trick.

I'm not going down the route of winter tyres, they were ok last winter apart from in heavy snow where anything else would have struggled equally. Plus I don't have a spare set of wheels.