Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

When will cookie/cache issue be resolved for posting?

Alternatively you can find them in the folder and delete them... It does take a little while to figure out exactly which one to delete for this particular forum, but you could just select all and delete if you don't mind going through and putting your passwords in again...

I've deleted the cookies, but it still doesn't work. I'm moving to another office in a month, may just wait till then. The crap thing is, they upgraded our computers to Shitrix which meant it came with Windoze 7 or something (never seen it before) so it got rid of the problem with IE8, but now of course I can't post. Arrghh!

regardless of if it's work related or not, you're entitled to a lunch break and should be allowed to browse this forum, if they question why you want your profile data removed tell them it's running slow and takes ages to log on. :)

What is actually happening? when you go to the site it shows you as logged in correct? If thats the case, clearing the cookies will fix it. If you aren't shown as logged in and you login and can't post then i'm extremely confused.

All present and correct, login is okay. But no option to reply to a post and the only option I can see on other posts is the option to click on 'flag', nothing else. No reply at the bottom either.

but when you go on to the forum it shows you as logged in right? The reality is you aren't logged in as the cookie timing is wrong. Removing the cookie would make you be logged out when you reload the website if you are still logged in the cookie is still there.

It shows me as logged in. I even went to the admin panel logged in there, could see the admin panel, then clicked back to the forum. Again it displays like I'm not logged in.When I removed the cookie it did log me out. I logged back in no difference.

I got this last night on my mobile while using chrome, I reloaded the page (after ticking an option that reads "Request desktop site" but don't think that was the fix) and the rest of the buttons appeared.....no idea if this is of any help at all.....what browser you using?

Okay looked at it at work again today. Basically I can't log in. I put in my password and username and it goes through the process but I'm not logged in. I can keep repeating the process but nothing changes still not logged in.

I hate cookies, leave it with me i'll look at the config when i get a mo. When you are next at work can you let me know what version of IE you are using? It'll be in the About section, normally under help. but i don't use IE so not 100% sure.

Okay will try it. I have cleared all the cookies, everything, made no difference. I'll try a www. if it's not there already. Mark mentioned something about it may be an IP issue with the forum settings.