Sign in to follow this  
ShinyBRZ

Puncture. So glad I had a spare...

Looked at the can of foam and couldn't bring myself to believe it would work and decided not to use it, so popped my space saver on. Least it was dry and daylight this time - usually it's raining and dark!Down to about 3mm, so it's about time to go for a full set... Due to the good reports about the wet grip and local tyre shop getting them in for Monday, it's Continental Contact 5's. Just hoping I don't wreck the fun aspect with too much dry grip...

I've had them on for a couple of weeks and they're better in pretty much every way. Better traction, more grip, better braking in the dry and especially in the wet. Can't fault them at all. I should be saying I couldn't be happier, but......something has gone, though. The reduced need for driver input at sensible speeds means either higher speeds for the same level of fun or the need for a wee bit more power. Pro-R are promising an exhaust/map upgrade 'soon' or maybe I need a trip to Litchfield or Fensport (if they'll let a BRZ in!)...On the other hand, maybe a pair of the winters could be slipped onto the back a few weeks earlier...

That was my worry in regard to having more grip meaning that I'd have to go that much faster before I could play with the chassis. After today's excursion over the 'Lauren Triangle', which takes in the Cat & Fiddle, I had so much fun with the Primacy's as you don't have to be going that fast to play with the balance of the chassis and I love them for that.