Sign in to follow this  
Riceburner

Hybrid-R. 420 BHP

Does anyone actually think that anything like this spec will ever be offered for sale? And if they did how much would the tech in this cost, my guess is it would approach what you could get an LFA for.Alec

I agree with Alec, they made an awesome beastly IQ a while back with mega performance as a "just cos we can" but never bothered producing them.....instead Aston Martin slapped together the Cygnet instead :32 (33):

Does anyone actually think that anything like this spec will ever be offered for sale? And if they did how much would the tech in this cost' date=' my guess is it would approach what you could get an LFA for. Alec[/quote'] No chance in all honesty but a watered down version would be fab. :+:

I think it's doable, but define a reasonable price? to be fair the economy is f*cked so you can't put a reasonable price on things for people. I think it's doable the tech is there, it's already in production cars they just need to adapt it. Admittedly there is R&D in this and it costs money. It wouldn't be slow though and i'd expect to see this up for £45-50k if it was put in to production. Would I buy a yaris hybrid for that much? No, but that's the problem the yaris isn't exactly known as a performance car so why would someone want it. Trying to create a hot hatch out of something that doesn't have any history of being one is dangerous for Toyota. Renault have been known for some good hot hatches so you expect it of them but Toyota? They ought to release it under a different name if they were going to put something like this in to production. I just think it's sales would flop due to not having that reputation.