Sign in to follow this  
Kristov4

Looking for the flip side.

the flip side is that it will all come out in the wash - either both clubs will stumble on largely as they have been or one will rise and one will shrink... Personally I don't think the "scene" in the UK is big enough to have 2 large forums so I imagine that over the course of time (probably 1-2 years) one forum will just slowly start to dry up and disappear... As to which one that will be is anyone's guess but bearing in mind that most of the people who were banned from the "other" forum were the people that truly "gave a shit" about the club as a club - and that they are the people who started this forum - I think I know where I'd like to put my money for the long term... The forum software itself might still be in development and hence not provide quite such a polished experience as the "other" forum but that is a temporary thing because it is the people who make the club what it is...

the flip side is that it will all come out in the wash - either both clubs will stumble on largely as they have been or one will rise and one will shrink... Personally I don't think the "scene" in the UK is big enough to have 2 large forums so I imagine that over the course of time (probably 1-2 years) one forum will just slowly start to dry up and disappear... As to which one that will be is anyone's guess but bearing in mind that most of the people who were banned from the "other" forum were the people that truly "gave a shit" about the club as a club - and that they are the people who started this forum - I think I know where I'd like to put my money for the long term... The forum software itself might still be in development and hence not provide quite such a polished experience as the "other" forum but that is a temporary thing because it is the people who make the club what it is...

I'm going to sit on the fence too for at least a little while since there is a lot of content on the "other" forum that I would still like to be able to use/interact with and I don't want to be blocked...

The difference is we will let you sit on the fence, whether they will is another thing... and for the record i haven't stolen his banner like i believe he is telling everyone. I told him i would give it to Stu at JAE but he never un-suspended me anyway.Enjoy your stay buddy.

Sideways, you won't find anything draconian about this place in the way we do things. We want this to be place created by the members for the members. Rob and I have dug into our pockets to get some stickers made up, shouldn't be long till we get those now. All in all, we want to get out there, use the income from traders (when it happens) and from membership subscriptions to subsidise events. It's all about feeling a part of something, I feel. :)

Sideways' date=' you won't find anything draconian about this place in the way we do things. We want this to be place created by the members for the members. Rob and I have dug into our pockets to get some stickers made up, shouldn't be long till we get those now.All in all, we want to get out there, use the income from traders (when it happens) and from membership subscriptions to subsidise events. It's all about feeling a part of something, I feel. :)[/quote']Which is ace, and I agree, the way it should be...