Andy Gside

Engine CLICK...CLICK...HISS ?!

Pulled up on the driveway after driving home from work noticed a relatively loud "CLICK CLICK" after switching ignition off. You can hear on the video, did some brief searching on Google didn't really find much other than its possiblely ac releasing pressure? 

Wondering if anyone else had had this before, the car in general seems fine check everything no fluid leaks or loose parts ect... 

Any help is appreciated 👌

Sounds like an old dot matrix printer… I’ve never heard an 86 make that sound before.

Can you get someone else to switch it off and see if you are able to feel/hear where its coming from?

Sounds to me like the throttle body. Have you recently had the battery disconnected?

Also its quite loud/clattering before you switched it off. Almost diesel like. Has it always been like that?

17 minutes ago, Leeky said:

Sounds like an old dot matrix printer… I’ve never heard an 86 make that sound before.

Can you get someone else to switch it off and see if you are able to feel/hear where its coming from?

Sounds to me like the throttle body. Have you recently had the battery disconnected?

Also its quite loud/clattering before you switched it off. Almost diesel like. Has it always been like that?

Yeah its an odd one..... 

ive had it on and off about 20 times it does sound like the throttle body.... 

i swapped battery over maybe a week ago... 

From what i can remeber yes, maybe sounds louder because of the audio quality!!

Quick update just drove to work (steadily) driving everything felt normal & sounded normal no new noises or anything.... 

Got to work, shut car off and didn't make the clicks / hiss.... maybe like @Rich196 said was just ac draining...

will keep updated if comes back ect....