Sign in to follow this  
PT247

Love Love Love My GT86 :-D

hey guys and gals, just joined.I recently took ownership of a 12 plate GT86 auto. I was after an orange one but my lovely black version was bang on the money and had the SatNav/Half Leather interior I was after as well as the upgraded stereo system too.I heard that early Subaru Impreza space savers fit, is this true and if so what year/model?What joys have people had with re-maps/filters/exhaust mods too?I will do a proper search at somepoint to see if my questions have been answered elsewhere but some brief info would be great ta! :-)

Welcome buddy and I hope you're enjoying your GT86, the black is nice when it's shiny :)They certainly do fit, not 100% sure of which one, there is a few people with different exhausts/filters and maps on here.The majority i believe have had their maps done at Fensport, you can find them on their Trader section.Quite a range of different exhaust on here also i'm sure they can tell you a bit more about them. I would tell you about mine but it's not fitted yet :)

Welcome aboard! :) Ar filters and exhausts do show some increase though its often not the case that you will see the increases that are claimed. But to be fair you have an engine that is already producing 100bhp/litre so the stock items are unlikely to be that restrictive. I think most of us have done it for the noise which tends to make the drive more involving I find. I am lucky in that my dealer fitted the aftermarket parts all under warranty which is nice, but it would seem that my dealer is the only one currently offering this. If it helps, I have a full Milltek un resonated system including a second cat removal and an overpipe from the first cat. I also hav the Injen induction kit. I've had no issues in 13000 miles and two trackdays in the last six months. I am currently in the midst of competing a 2000 mike European tour. The car has been faultless throughut. :)

Guest Guest

Welcome dude!

The majority i believe have had their maps done at Fensport' date=' you can find them on their Trader section.[/quote']I think there's more 86's/BRZ's done by Litchfield Imports than Fensport at the moment ;)

Welcome! Quite a few people have opted just for a new air filter (HKS which is what I've got and K&N seem the most popular, can't go wrong for just over £30) rather than a complete new intake as the stock seems pretty good air flow wise, swapping out the air filter lets it breath a lil better, slight increase in sound and the car feels a lil more eager (but that could just be a placebo).

Welcome dude!I think there's more 86's/BRZ's done by Litchfield Imports than Fensport at the moment ;)

Probably because Litchfield had their hands on the map first and a group buy was made, is he still hard to get hold of though? ;)The good thing about Adrian and Mark is they are seemingly more enthusiastic about the 86/BRZ and easy to get hold of.

Welcome! Quite a few people have opted just for a new air filter (HKS which is what I've got and K&N seem the most popular' date=' can't go wrong for just over £30) rather than a complete new intake as the stock seems pretty good air flow wise, swapping out the air filter lets it breath a lil better, slight increase in sound and the car feels a lil more eager (but that could just be a placebo).[/quote']ta for the info Keethos :-)

Guest Guest
Probably because Litchfield had their hands on the map first and a group buy was made' date=' is he still hard to get hold of though? ;)The good thing about Adrian and Mark is they are seemingly more enthusiastic about the 86/BRZ and easy to get hold of.[/quote']Funny you say that, because Litchfield are the only UK tuners that I know that have taken the BRZ to multiple tracks (including the ring) to durability test the BRZ in both N/A and boosted form. To say they are not enthusiastic is complete rubbish. And no, I've had no problems over the past month at all, and everyone else has been sorted too. Iain has been putting in the time on my revised remap despite being mega busy with new releases for both BMW platforms, new GTR development and finishing the BRZ, which includes a finished S/C that he's happy with, there's talk of a stage 2 S/C kit, new suspension and brake kits ;)

Never said they weren't enthusiastic, I merely meant that on the front covers Adrian and Mark seem more enthusiastic, and being on forums helps with this. Unless people have heard of Litchfield which admittedly the majority will have then they are unlikely to take any new tuners business without word of mouth. Enjoy your podium spot at the Go-Karting? ;)