Winterhalder

gt86.org.uk configuration

Just wondering who is responsible for the gt86.org.uk configuration and hosting. No matter what I do, all forum emails go to spam (I use Google Workspace). There are some improvements that can be made such as DKIM entries in DNS. I would be happy to lend some assistance having some experience in this field.

I've never had one of forum emails (or from gt86ownersclub) go into spam, sounds like you need to simply whitelist it if you are having issues.

SPF, DKIM and DMARC are great for large enterprises... but definitely not needed for a simple forum.

1 hour ago, DevilsCry said:

I've never had one of forum emails (or from gt86ownersclub) go into spam, sounds like you need to simply whitelist it if you are having issues.

SPF, DKIM and DMARC are great for large enterprises... but definitely not needed for a simple forum.

Whitelisting (email addresses) doesn't work anymore, spam is detected through other factors such as originating IP and path taken.

gt86.org.uk is on a "blacklist" which you can see here - this may or may not be the reason for email going into spam.

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3agt86.org.uk&run=toolpage 

Sounds like you don't need the help, no worries at all - just a friendly offer of help.

17 hours ago, ThatGuyThere said:

While you're there, make it so gt86.org.uk works (without the www)!

Works for me? Granted it redirects to with the www but that's a good thing...

16 hours ago, Winterhalder said:

Whitelisting (email addresses) doesn't work anymore, spam is detected through other factors such as originating IP and path taken.

gt86.org.uk is on a "blacklist" which you can see here - this may or may not be the reason for email going into spam.

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3agt86.org.uk&run=toolpage 

Sounds like you don't need the help, no worries at all - just a friendly offer of help.

Whitelisting should still override spam rules otherwise its pointless - it works me with google apps with the domain whitelisted.

SPF is setup but that doesn't really do a lot these days. The main issue is sending email directly from a linode box rather than sending via something like sendgrid or even amazon's ses which will take care of delivery for you

2 hours ago, ThatGuyThere said:

Not in Firefox. Has been that way for a year or so. It'll be something to do with the secuity certificate.

I only use firefox and it works for me. Do you have a plugin that might be preventing it or a caching issue?

22 hours ago, ThatGuyThere said:

Not in Firefox. Has been that way for a year or so. It'll be something to do with the secuity certificate.

The certificate is fine, looks the same one for with/without the www, so unless you're using an ancient version of firefox that doesn't have the letsencrypt CA then there's no reason for it not to work, unless as above, there's a plugin doing something...

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The certificate is fine, looks the same one for with/without the www, so unless you're using an ancient version of firefox that doesn't have the letsencrypt CA then there's no reason for it not to work, unless as above, there's a plugin doing something...

How strange. Newest version of Firefox and does the same with my adblock plugin disabled. Has been this way for some time on both my laptop and pc. Not a major issue obviously.