Sign in to follow this  
GT86Reece

VLAND Headlights - Dipped Beam Settings?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has previously been answered but I'm a bit confused - my VLANDS headlights seem to have two settings for dipped beam, close distance and far distance. When driving on a road with no lights, the 'close distance' setting is basically worthless as you wouldn't see an animal running in front of you, but can be handy to keep lights low with on-coming traffic on a well lit road. The 'far distance' setting is so much better as you can see quite far which is great, without having main beam on.

I seemed to have activated the 'far distance' setting by accident by flicking main beam on and off, but after a while it reverted back to the 'close distance' setting. I kept flicking main beam off and back on occasionally to see if it would change the setting again and it did a couple times, but other times it didn't...?

Are the VLAND headlights meant to have two 'dipped beam' settings? And if so, does anyone know how to flick between them or stop them from reverting back to the 'close distance' setting?

Appreciate any help on this - thanks :)

So I managed to get some pictures of what I tried to explain above but had forgot to post them until now. As you can see I have 2 'dipped beam' settings which I appear to be unable to toggle between. The first image where I they are quite short distance, seems to be the norm. Then occasionally when I turn the main beam on and turn it off, it temporarily goes to the second setting where I can see much further which would be a much better suited 'normal' however they revert back to the first image setting which is a pain.

Does anyone have an idea on how to stop this happening, or do I just need to replace the HID kit? I bought them from VLAND on Amazon about a year ago and they've always been like this, but others with VLANDs don't seem to be experiencing the same issue as me :o

Close.jpg

Far.jpg

Main Beam.jpg

This seems to be the norm with the HID kid direct from VLAND.  In my opinion they suck!!!

The short bean is, like you have said, useless, you can only see about 1-2 meters ahead of you, really fun on an unlit motorway at night doing 70mph, NOT.

VLAND support have been absolutely useless.  I have tried to adjust the beam height and it’s better but you have to get it just right, too low and it’s useless and too high and you end up blinding other motorists.  Yes the VLAND look good but as for performance the OEM headlights were a million times better, wish I hadn’t bothered with VLANDS now to be honest!

Looks to me like you haven't adjusted the beam height since receiving the headlights from VLAND - am I correct in saying that?

When mine came through the post they were much the same - pointing right into the ground, find an empty parking lot and drive close to wall and adjust them (example: https://youtu.be/sjLVO94NLN4?t=79) so it raises up the beam.