Sign in to follow this  
keelerad

Toyota Chairman wants a new Supra

I reckon it won't look too dissimilar to the 86, which is a good thing, I think it should echo the curves from the 86 in to a meatier model. After all, if they go ahead with it, it will of been because of the 86's success so it ought to thanks it's younger sister ;)

Hmm, have heard similar news stories about this BMW collaboration before, but have seen little more than talk about it over the past year. I admit I never liked the Supra well, only the older ones like the Celica-Supra were cool, but we'll see!It's interesting but the GT86 is a relative disaster saleswise in the UK as it's nowhere near meeting it's targets. I'm not sure if this will affect anything in terms of what happens with this new 'Supra' or not, but I'm not overly convinced it's going to help, considering this new car is going to be more money.

I think the main reason the GT86 isn't doing too well is because majority of the people out there still think the car is too expensive for what you get (i.e. they don't get the lightweight handling machine with just enough power to make it easy to drive).Most can't afford it or would spend less on a hot hatch, people with more money would simply get something more upper class like a Porsche or something. Where as it would be difficult to tell if a new Supra would do well or not as it will be more money but it will have more power but we have no idea on how much power it will have. But at the same time, if they do do a ToyoMW but with a hybrid system, don't know if it'll be popular or not.