Sign in to follow this  
BRZ2

Autoexpress magazines Top 100 Fast Cars, ???

To be fair, firmer does not automatically mean better. It's not as simple as that! The impression I get is that the Subaru is not as tail happy, so it is not the same and that's why it's rated differently.

To be fair' date=' firmer does not automatically mean better. It's not as simple as that! The impression I get is that the Subaru is not as tail happy, so it is not the same and that's why it's rated differently.[/quote']the difference in the suspension was because the Toyota was softer for the mass market (women and older folk) and the Subaru was more hard core, so it should be better maybe?Having driven both i cant tell any difference myselfbut 12 places below the GT86 what a crock of shit.

the difference in the suspension was because the Toyota was softer for the mass market (women and older folk) and the Subaru was more hard core' date=' so it should be better maybe?Having driven both i cant tell any difference myselfbut 12 places below the GT86 what a crock of shit.[/quote']The difference in suspension set up was because Toyota and Subaru wanted their cars to handle differently. Toyota tested the car and wanted to make sure it can drift so harder springs at the rear softer at the front. Subaru given they haven't made a RWD car before went for the opposite option It would not be correct to say that the Subaru is more hardcore just because it has stiffer front springs. If anything it oversteers less and people tend to view cars that oversteer as more hardcore. Interesting that you drove both, couldn't tell any difference and now think that the Subaru is more hardcore..... :pMaybe don't worry about what Autoexpress say. Does it really matter?

I think it's down to one persons critique on the cars really, it's like if Lauren reviewed the two, she would probably side with the 86 as she likes the tail happiness of it, where as you steve would probably side with the BRZ. I agree, it's odd they are not near each other though given they are essentially the same. I mean surely they would score the same marks for comfort etc...