Yavor

OFT stage 1 review on stock car. 0-62 times measured

Hello,

Just got my OFT installed on gt86, 2013, manual. Car is stock, only K&N drop in. I am using stage 1 v4 map.

I did few pulls from 0-62 mph with regular map. Using RaceLogic for measuring. My best time with stock ECU is 7.4s. 

After remapping - 7.0 seconds to 100 km/h. 100km/h achieved in 3rd gear in both ROM's. So i state clear 0.4 seconds drop.

All the conditions, including fuel (100 octane) and etc. between the pulls are exactly the same. 

I found some engine noise differences as well. OFT is making somehow mechanical noise at 3900-4000 rpm. which is absent on the stock map. Unpleasant one for my taste. No noticeable difference in throttle response. 

I was surprised to see measurable difference on stock vehicle. From subject point of view, difference in dynamics is also noticeable. 

I am curious about dyno results, so I plant to do it soon. 

My conclusion is that OFT makes difference even on stock car. Definitely happy with this mod for now.

Cheers 

Pulls were performed very careful. Same RPM, enough repeating. Racelogic system is very accurate also. 

MartinT, yes. But I am planning to get Tomei UEL. My first choice was ACE A350 and  Ecutek delicious tune. The price however, made my mind. Also the sound of UEL which I prefer. The price difference between these two setups covered my audio system project cost (very successful) . Will post separate topic for it :)

Good choice, I have a TD UEL (somewhat similar to the Ace) and the sound with a good exhaust is infectious.  More importantly, the midrange torque with the appropriate tune is great.

9 hours ago, Yavor said:

Pulls were performed very careful. Same RPM, enough repeating. Racelogic system is very accurate also. 

MartinT, yes. But I am planning to get Tomei UEL. My first choice was ACE A350 and  Ecutek delicious tune. The price however, made my mind. Also the sound of UEL which I prefer. The price difference between these two setups covered my audio system project cost (very successful) . Will post separate topic for it :)

Just something to be aware of. The Tomei is an old design and does not tend to yield the best results. If you have to go UEL the TD option will do better. 

I was looking at TD also. They claim to solve torque dip even with EL header. Will the Tuning Developments UEL be good with OFT? I asked them about ECU tune. They replied that they do only in house EcuTek tune and do not offer remote options. I am in Bulgaria and we have no EcuTek tuner here :(

1 hour ago, Yavor said:

I was looking at TD also. They claim to solve torque dip even with EL header. Will the Tuning Developments UEL be good with OFT? I asked them about ECU tune. They replied that they do only in house EcuTek tune and do not offer remote options. I am in Bulgaria and we have no EcuTek tuner here :(

The EL manifold is the best option of all, it gains over the UEL, rather than losing out anywhere that I can see. The length of the primaries on the EL manifold is what I think gains the torque to a large extent.