Sign in to follow this  
gavin_t

Litchfield/Rotrex supercharger

Anyone running one of these? Seems to be not too much information about on them within the UK.

I am familiar with the power and drive of this type of supercharger from having a drive of a mates Mx5 with a similar setup. But was wondering what the consensus was on the reliability side of things and suitability on a stock motor?

Ta very much :)

6 hours ago, gavin_t said:

Been having a look at the ft86 forum. Was looking for some info this side of the pond ideally but doesn't look like there is alot about. 

You are probably looking at a sample of one or maybe two. Litchfield aren't big into the GT86 and whilst like other companies they have offered a supercharger kit, they didn't sell many at all it seems. That doesn't mean that the kit is necessarily bad, but won't you find data on reliability etcetera with so few having been fitted. There are many more kits out there that are far more popular. 

Cheers

I think it is the lack of data that is putting me off. Was dead set on a TD NA package and then going from there in the future if I felt I wanted more. But then spotted this kit  in the for sale section the other day.

Did a search of the current owners posts and it seems they have had two engines let go on them. One for sure running this kit. Simular usage to what I would be planning so maybe worth swerving and playing it safe with an NA tune...

NA tune makes a big difference. If I was going supercharger, I think the Cosworth setup would be the one. I do like the HKS in terms of how it drives but there has been a few issues with them.