Stutopia

Interior squeak, rear, driver's side

This is driving me nuts, there are squeaks coming from the rear quarter, driver's side, just behind my head. I'm fairly certain it's from the hard plastic of the rear window trim. It's ok on perfectly flat roads, but once there's some flex in the chassis it makes a right racket. I'm checked to make sure it's seated properly, seems fine. Grrrrr.

Anyone else got it? More importantly, anyone fixed it? Thanks.

FWIW I've got a squeaky seat belt receiver. It took me a while to localise. If the belt tightens and the angle changes, it starts to squeak over bumps, as the sensor cable moves over the mounting. I also have a slightly too loose passenger seat slider release bar, which bounces up and down on rougher road surfaces. :angry:

The rear window trim can come into contact with the chassis, but I'm not convinced it's a squeak source. There's just not much there to make the noise. I'd be more inclined to think it was the seatbelt mount in the door frame, or perhaps the parcel shelf which is full of loose things...

I’ve got a high level brake light on order, so I’ll give the parcel shelf a thorough check when I delete the OEM one. My seatbelt receiver does squeak at certain angles, but I’ve got used to standing it straight up when I clip in, which eliminates it for me,

IIIRC on these cars THE main & most common source of rattles usually comes from rear seat U latches. Try eg. covering them few rounds with tape (not TOO much, sufficient so that teethed locking gear can still lock on), may work for a while (after few opening-closing gear will cut through tape though). And double check if it really is closed/latched.